Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful work ladies! They are all so pretty. :yay:cheer:yay I've never done a cable stitch with crochet before, but yours looks great, Tabby. I may have to find the directions for it. Donna, the tree skirt is coming along fabulously. I agree with others on your soft ripple, Ines. It is very classy. I like the colors in yours, too, Cara. Yours is very pretty Ines, too, Ines.

I've been working on my RR today. I'm down to the last 2 - 4 rows. I haven't quite decided how large to make it. With luck I'll finish it tomorrow and will post a picture of it then. :hook

Our internet connection was down all day today, so haven't been on since about 4:00 am. I sure did miss being able to bop in here through the day and keep tabs on what's going on. :yes

Mel: Your shawl is lovely, you are certainly a very creative person.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. But I think I am not as well as I thought. I checked email early today, but then felt weak and nearly slept the day away. I would probably still be sleeping if my son and his wife had not called to say they were stopping by for a while. After he left I had a little something to eat and decided to check in here.

I wish I could shake this thing, I keep hearing my ghan calling to me to finish it, but I just don't seem to have the umph to do it right now. Maybe I will pick up tomorrow, supposed to go to a pampered chef party with my daughter, if this cough ever quits.

Anyhow, I will be here when I can, lurking around, so have fun, don't work too hard (except on your ME projects, of course), and keep those pics a-comin'. I love to see all those beautiful blankies, ghans, shawls, tree skirts and totes. Those hats and scarves are great, the colors just pop.

The pics and good company are what makes coming here all worth while.

Carol, I'm sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. Get lots of rest (sounds like you have been doing that) and drink lots of fluids. There are a lot of nasty bugs going around, and it sounds like one took a bite outta ya.

Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Sending good thoughts and hugs your way. :hug:hug

Thanks for the kind words about my shawl. I love taking a stitch and then putting my own touch on it. And to think a year ago, I was only doing DC projects. I was too unsure of my crocheting abilities to branch out. It was all of the talented and creative people here that gave me the confidence to try new things.

Mel, my friends here on the ville have helped me branch out in my crocheting, too. I've made things I never would have thought possible a year ago!:yay

Carol, take care...fluids...rest...and see a doctor if you don't feel any improvement soon. Don't want to fool with this bug...:hug:hug

Brenda, I hope your son is better soon...crochet a little. It'll calm you:manyheartLooking forward to seeing how your messenger bag is turning out!

Cara, your blankie is so classy-looking!:hook

Tabby, great soft colors...I haven;t tried cables in a long time...one day I just might have to play with a cables pattern book I was gifted:think

Donna....the tree skirt is awesome!:yay

...I hope I didn't miss anyone...have a good night/day, ladies. See ya in the morning/evening:)

gooooood morning

time to crochet in here :hook

those photos are so nice

Mel

i love the way you make your shawls the stiches are cute

is this the width and you are working toward the lengh??? how big you need it???

i really love to work the length toward the width i feel it finishes faster and even if the row is bigger but less row incourges me to work more on it

i have 3 skeins of soft (off-white) yarn it will make nice shawl but i should think of a nice pattern hmmmmmm......:think

Everyones projects are just amazing. The ripples that you are all making are beautiful.

I fear I have lost the urge to do my graphic granny, I dont know maybe its doing more squares or hexagons in this case and having to put them together is what has got me down with it.

Im now leaning more to a straight ripple, do you think the Caron SS brites would look ok in a straight ripple.

ladeis any suggestions for warm , easy, and big shawl pattern???

i asked this question for a freind yaer ago and she wanted to kill me

i know i ask alot but when it`s work time i insist to finish it :)

gooooood morning

time to crochet in here :hook

those photos are so nice

Mel

i love the way you make your shawls the stiches are cute

is this the width and you are working toward the lengh??? how big you need it???

i really love to work the length toward the width i feel it finishes faster and even if the row is bigger but less row incourges me to work more on it

i have 3 skeins of soft (off-white) yarn it will make nice shawl but i should think of a nice pattern hmmmmmm......:think

Thank You!

I chain the width I want it to be, then just crochet till it is the length I want, or I run out of yarn.

I don't particularly like making ghans or anything big lengthwise. I dread making all those chains. The times I did it lengthwise, I either miscounted or got interrupted doing the first row, and the chain got messed up.

**hangs head** I have yet to start something for ME lol. I made a hat for my daughter last night, I finished her panda bear, I'm working on another hat order, and I have 2 others that need to be made for another order... which wont take me long... but I seem to keep finding other things to make.. I was looking for a hat pattern for ME and thats when I saw the one for my daughter LOL I'm so bad!

Cheeria I love those colors!! I can't wait to see the finished project, it's going ot be gorgeous!

Cheeria - Love the ripple I am working on one right now but unfortunately not for myself for my hubby. One day I will make one for myself.:hook

Carol - I hope you get feeling better. Thinking about ya. :cheer

Tabby - Great job thanks for sharing.:clap

Mel - Love the shawl. Looking great. :yes

Brenda - Hope your son feels better. :manyheart

forines13 - All I can say is wow you've been busy.

I hope I didn't miss anyone I like to give everyone a special message. To anyone I miss I am sorry would a :hug make up for it. I am it is beautiful. :hook

Owe by the way I figured what I will be making myself when I can save some MULA and get some skeins. http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/amberwaves.html But in each white I will be changing from dark pink, pink, to white in the center, brown as main color. Can't wait to get started.

Archived