Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Judy

I think that "affliction", shall we call it , comes form MANY years of being married ,too .

Sam does the same thing- we'll both be in the living room, watching the same show on tv. I will say something to him, and he 'll just sit there and not answer, so i say it again. Then he says ... what ????

DANG he makes me mad when he does that .....

So, I kinda return the favor to him once in awhile just so he knows what it is like .:lol:yes:lol

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judy

I think that "affliction", shall we call it , comes form MANY years of being married ,too .

Sam does the same thing- we'll both be in the living room, watching the same show on tv. I will say something to him, and he 'll just sit there and not answer, so i say it again. Then he says ... what ????

DANG he makes me mad when he does that .....

So, I kinda return the favor to him once in awhile just so he knows what it is like .:lol:yes:lol

Doa is exactly like that but he doesn't say what he says he heard me but doesn't need to respond. :angry I told him a conversation takes two but he doesn't seem to get it. MEN! :P

My parents painted their bedroom walls deep blue and have red carpeting, mom used to wonder if she should salute my dad when she went in.

:lol, Kathy, your Mom sounds like a fun person

Karen, no need to mention color here, everyone beat me to the punch

But it does look super soft.

Just got finished putting names on the custom Tshirts I made for DD & her hubby. Their birthdays were last week (2 days apart from each other) and they are coming here today to help me get air conditioner out of bedroom window. Can't wait to get my winter curtains and drapes up. Have been staring at plain window w/shades for a week now. :yuck.

Will check in tonight, so TC all and have fun working on projects.

Can I still join in? I've been on vacation for the past 9 days and look what you all have gotten up to!

I have several ME projects going, (a snowflake afghan, two cardigans, and a black shawl that I had hoped to finish before we went on vacation), and lots of ideas for more.

The project I'd like to finish for this CAL is a top down cardigan that I started while we were on vacation. I am combining a couple of patterns and more or less winging it as I go.

I am using the pattern stitch from this:

http://m1designs.typepad.com/m1/2007/08/crop-crochet-ca.html

And I downloaded this bloggers pattern to make the yoke of the cardigan, although I used HDC's instead of DC's

http://ellenbloom.blogspot.com/2007/01/top-down-crocheted-cardigan.html

I'm not entirely sure about how this will turn out, but so far it seems like it will work.

I am using Simply Soft, since the only store I could find there, that sold yarn was Walmart.

I'm working on a shawl today but I'm not sure if it will be for ME or for a gift:think.....most likely I'll end up giving it away.:yes

Hubby gave me a gift certificate for our LYS for our anniversary! Looking forward to spending that certificate real soon. :yay

Loved the thread about husband's not listening...I've started asking mine to repeat back to me what I just said, needless to say I get some real interesting responses....:lol But since he gave me the gift certificate, I guess I'll keep him.:clap

Kim

Karen, that looks so soft and cuddly. Bet it will be super warm too. Love it.

I have lots of leftover caron ss and full skeins I got for $1.00 when I found it on clearance. I've been wondering what to do with it. Maybe I'll make one of those, using white throughout and changing colors whenever to give it a tweed look :scrachin

Mine so far has off-white all the way. Using white with other color changes along would look very nice!

It is Simply Soft in off-white(it almost looks

buttery to me)

I'm using the same color and it reminds me of cream or butter - very yummy!

Karen, that is SO pretty, I love the colors.

Karen - I like the colors you are using - very pretty ! Almost reminds me of some of the colors you see in the ocean .. I have always wanted to make an afghan with the colors of ocean water- but have never figured out what colors you'd need ,since it changes color so often . Maybe we'll have to MOVE close to the ocean so I can study it more .

Gorgeous colors! Kim

Karen - Your blanket looks great so far!

Thanks!

Karen, no need to mention color here, everyone beat me to the punch But it does look super soft.

It is wonderfully soft! I am really happy with how it is turning out :yay I managed to get some more rows done up this morning while the 'Ville was down. I'll get another picture up this evening or tomorrow. I'm at work now and likely won't get any more done on it today...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one married to someone who has selective hearing .

Tab- we've had THAT talk so many times, you can't count-- I have also explained that it takes 2 people to have a conversation, with no response back .

Why do you think I'm like Dr Doolittle and talk to the squirrels and the neighbor cat ? At least they LOOK at me when I talk .

Are we talking about husbands not listening? jeesh, DH is BAD about that. He'll be reading, etc. I'll ask him a question..... wait... Call his name.... wait.... get next to him, say "HELLO?!?!" and then he says "I'm right here, why are you yelling?"

I've tried the repeat it back, thing. He won't do it, gets MAD at me and says "I WAS LISTENING, I don't HAVE to repeat it back, I'm not one of the KIDS!"... but I've proven time and again his defiance is simply outrage at being caught... :lol

Are we talking about husbands not listening? jeesh, DH is BAD about that. He'll be reading, etc. I'll ask him a question..... wait... Call his name.... wait.... get next to him, say "HELLO?!?!" and then he says "I'm right here, why are you yelling?"

I've tried the repeat it back, thing. He won't do it, gets MAD at me and says "I WAS LISTENING, I don't HAVE to repeat it back, I'm not one of the KIDS!"... but I've proven time and again his defiance is simply outrage at being caught... :lol

I used to work as the secretary to the men's and women's soccer teams at West Point. Every year both teams had a banquet a week apart. I told DH about the men's banquet and even took his suit to the cleaners. Come the night of the banquet he swears I didn't tell him. Even though I had talked about nothing else for over a week :rolleyes

Anyway, the next week was the women's banquet so 3 days before hand I made him look me in the eye while I showed him on the calendar what day and time the banquet would be. The kicker was I also had typed up a statement for him to sign and initial. That way he couldn't swear I never told him. He never forgot the date of the banquets after that for some reason :lol

I used to work as the secretary to the men's and women's soccer teams at West Point. Every year both teams had a banquet a week apart. I told DH about the men's banquet and even took his suit to the cleaners. Come the night of the banquet he swears I didn't tell him. Even though I had talked about nothing else for over a week :rolleyes

Anyway, the next week was the women's banquet so 3 days before hand I made him look me in the eye while I showed him on the calendar what day and time the banquet would be. The kicker was I also had typed up a statement for him to sign and initial. That way he couldn't swear I never told him. He never forgot the date of the banquets after that for some reason :lol

That's a good idea... I should start that with my hubby. Signed statements would be perfect :rofl

Glad to hear I'm not the only one married to someone who has selective hearing .

Tab- we've had THAT talk so many times, you can't count-- I have also explained that it takes 2 people to have a conversation, with no response back .

Why do you think I'm like Dr Doolittle and talk to the squirrels and the neighbor cat ? At least they LOOK at me when I talk .

I just continue to talk to him & pull my hair out. You think i'de learn by now. :lol:lol

I have done that too. He actually does repeat me back which irritates me more that he is listening yet doesn't respond. Kinda makes me feel like what i'm saying isn't important enough. Makes me mad!! :angry

:lol:lol Now why didn't I think of that? :lol:lol

If those men only knew what all we discussed on here --- funny !!!

The signing the contract thing is an idea, but something tells me Sam would get a little hot under the collar if I tried that with him ......

I'll just go out and talk to the squirrels .I also talk to myself, which works out great. As much as I like to talk, i get to ask a question AND answer it !!!! :D

I also talk to myself, which works out great. As much as I like to talk, i get to ask a question AND answer it !!!! :D

I do that all the time too :P Often I'll ask hubby about something and answer myself before he has a chance and then carry on chatting until my he asks if I need any help with my conversation :lol I simply tell him I'm doing just fine all by myself here and I'll let you know if I need help :D Always gets us giggling :lol

You ladies are cracking me up with all the 'hubby doesn't listen' talk.

I went through the same thing with my ex-hubby. It drove me nuts, so I started answering myself when I asked him a question, since I knew he wasn't listening.

Men :lol:lol

If those men only knew what all we discussed on here --- funny !!!

The signing the contract thing is an idea, but something tells me Sam would get a little hot under the collar if I tried that with him ......

Oh Eric was furious when I did it :lol But I stood my ground. I made my point and that's all I cared about :lol

Hi, all. I'm up but that's about it so far. (I wrote this about 10:00 am but forgot to actually post it! I definately was NOT awake.)

Julie, I do 18" preemie blankets on a fairly regular basis, but they aren't really big grannie squares. They are sort of a reverse grannie square and every other row is a row of single crochet. It's from a pattern book I bought about a year ago.

I've got 11 rows done on my RR now. 8 rows of baby yellow and 3 rows of blended baby yellow and bright yellow. I'll do one more row of blended and then switch to 2 strands of the bright yellow. I've got cornmeal and gold for it too.

Or how about the conversation where he is talking about the cabinets he built that day and im talking about crocheting or my fish,we will just carry on as if we are talking about the same thing going yes,uh ha,thats right,yep :lol

Or i wake him up at night and try to talk and he is groaning and huffing and flopping around like a fish out of water...love to do that if he got on my last nerve that day :rofl

Well I've been fighting with my computer all day trying to get these to upload. FINALLY it worked.

th_100_2400.jpgth_100_2401.jpgth_100_2402.jpg

Next I will be working on a bonnet, booties and a blanket for our Angel Baby doll as soon as I get more white Simply Soft. But I was happy just to get the dress done. It was a HUGE help emotionally to finish this.

Oh, Megan - she is very pretty!

Where did you get the dollform, or the pattern for it? That is such an adorable idea.

The doll I got from Hobby Lobby. It's a muslin doll. It was 7.99 but I got 40% off with coupon. They have 18 inch ones that are bendable/pose able. And then 12 inch ones that you have to stuff yourself, those are I think $3. They have the iron on faces right next to the dolls. There were 6 faces, 3 sizes of brown and 3 sizes of blue eyes. I used the medium face on my doll.

Archived