Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miss seeing you...lots of new members at WW, though my son (the chiropractor) says that's the norm for Jan/Feb in lots of places: gyms, and even his office. He thinks it's going to thin out in a month or two.

Take care of yourself and let's start planning for our next Starbucks visit. They now have "Skinny lattees"!

Hubby and I have noticed every year that the gym we go to gets much busier after New Years and gets back to "normal" in February. We call them the New Year's Resolutioners :lol

Tonight I hope to finish my fluffy 2SUB and will post pictures tomorrow afternoon

Tonight I hope to finish my fluffy 2SUB and will post pictures tomorrow afternoon

Great!:clap I'm looking forward to seeing what you came up with.:hook

Ran a bunch of errands today and finished the book I've been reading for the last 10 days. Bought some of the "I Love This Yarn" at Hobby Lobby as it was on sale for 20% off. After hearing so many people rave about it, I just have to try it. :crocheting

Linda, that's how I got the yarn ("Marble") I used for Phil's scarf. I told him today when he was wearing it - how I saw the yarn, liked it a lot - bought it, but with absolutely no idea what I was going to use it for!

I think he's getting used to my addiction - he never batted an eye:lol

TA-DA Here is the fluffy 2SUB hot off the hook:

Tough to get a proper focus on something so fluffy :P

th_DSC07697.jpg

This gives an idea of how furry this is :lol This is also closer to the true color. It is SOOOOO soft and fluffy:manyheart It's going to stay on the bed tonight to test it out for warmth and feel (see how many fluffy bits escape or get up my nose)

th_DSC07706.jpg

I'll might try to get some better pictures in the daylight tomorrow. I'm also posting this in the SKY CAL. Bedtime girls :hug

Karen, that is gorgeous!!:clap:clap

Hi, Carol.:hug Any new projects on the horizon?:devil

Linda, good for you, hitting a sale! Phil has hit a lull in his contract assignments, so he's been home...I may have to start buying more yarn anyway:hook...and sneak it in the house really fast:lol

Michaels IS having a sale on RHSS this week...:D

No crocheting done today, spent day up north at DDs house. She made dinner for us and we went shopping at Big Lots, none are near where I live. It was nice to spend a full day away from home.

Whatever happened to our WDILT?

I learned that I should never admire my DDs stash. Especially when your DD loves you.

I wound up bringing home over 7 skeins of Holiday yarn that she said she did not like.

I also learned not to try to carry 2 12packs of soda in one hand. Inevitably one box broke and I had 8 cans escape and go rolling all over (Drive is on a hill) amidst one can that sprung a leak and was spraying soda all over like a geyser. I finally gathered them all and made it to the door, as DH opens it and says, "where did you go?" I was wet, sticky and carrying a ripped package and one punctured can. I was exhausted from a full day out and a very bumpy ride home. And instead of changing, washing and relaxing I had to go back out and get the other case, come in and put bags full of stuff away.

Now I have a very upset cat meowing at me, and weaving in and out of my feet, cause he feels we have no business going out all day without him, and he missed his din-din. I was really very good, I quietly got everything put away, cleaned up and fed without a word. Then I quietly came upstairs, washed and changed and here I am. I am so proud of me. AAAAArrrrgh = primal scream....there, I feel better.

Judy, I feel semi-guilty I missed WW last week, but I was at the doctor bright and early that day for a checkup so I know what I weighed in (unfortunately) and was sound asleep at 5pm. Veronica clean forgot too, she didn't even call me to ask if I was going. I guess I'll have to go this week and face the scale...not a happy thought after Rich's SuperBowl dinner.

I was really very good, I quietly got everything put away, cleaned up and fed without a word. Then I quietly came upstairs, washed and changed and here I am. I am so proud of me. AAAAArrrrgh = primal scream....there, I feel better.

You are a much stronger woman that I am - I would have been stomping around and very clearly showing my displeasure...

Awww, Carol....here's a hug:hug...which DH should have given you last night!

Kathy, you'll get back on track soon...come on back here and you'll see!

...and what was so special about the Giants winning the Super Bowl last night was the fact that the fans were ticked off with this quarterback, Eli Manning, after they lost the first 2 games of the season - AND his older brother, Peyton, won the Super Bowl last year! Their dad, a former player himself, must be busting his buttons over this!

Well, my Lavender Lace afghan is taking on a life of its own...You're only supposed to repeat the pattern 4 times in all, but the afghan wasn't going to be wide enough, so I saw where I had plenty of yarn to repeat at least one more time. Now, I'm finding that I STILL have more yarn left, so I'm just going to repeat as long as possible <g>. I figure, at this rate, the afghan will be able to completely cover my queen-size bed <LOL>.

G'nite, ladies. I've been :crocheting my thread test pattern and am in a groove, as they say. I need to do a bit more on it before going on to other things, though making more friends' squares is definitely on the agenda!

ME projects...nope...just a few saltines last night when I was watching the Giants play and feeling lots of nervous energy:D

Awww, Carol....here's a hug:hug...which DH should have given you last night!

Thanks Judy, I needed that...

Well, my Lavender Lace afghan is taking on a life of its own...You're only supposed to repeat the pattern 4 times in all, but the afghan wasn't going to be wide enough, so I saw where I had plenty of yarn to repeat at least one more time. Now, I'm finding that I STILL have more yarn left, so I'm just going to repeat as long as possible <g>. I figure, at this rate, the afghan will be able to completely cover my queen-size bed <LOL>.

Cannot wait to see it, sounds gorgeous...

Hi, Julie...:hook

Hi, Carol!

I'm having a busy day - no :crocheting yet, though last night I did work on the thread test. I;m getting there!

Hair color appointment later, so no :crocheting then, but I have a book to bring. It's for my neighborhood book club and I want to get moving on it (esp since I chose it!).

You are a much stronger woman that I am - I would have been stomping around and very clearly showing my displeasure...

That is what I would usually do, but I am trying very hard to be more reserved.

Judy, going to DD house tomorrow, she has to have more tests done and wants me with her. Please say a little prayer for her, she is my best friend.:manyheart

Judy, going to DD house tomorrow, she has to have more tests done and wants me with her. Please say a little prayer for her, she is my best friend.:manyheart

Of course....I promise:hug

Just got home, Good News...what the mammo tech thought was more lumps, the sonogram and doctor's analysis showed that they were scar tissue from surgery DD had 3 years ago. Such a relief...DD was so nervous...

Thanks for good thoughts and prayers Judy...

Archived