Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WDILT: you can't even trust your own mother :2nono ... my Mom gave me a twin size quilt she made and I used it last night.. this morning I kind of folded it down and had it in my lap. I leaned my arm on it and :eek GOT STABBED. :eek.. she left a sewing needle in it... I tried calling her but she was out today so I'll try again later... I'm just glad it was me .. I'm not going to let her live it down for a long time though :devil

WDILT: you can't even trust your own mother :2nono ... my Mom gave me a twin size quilt she made and I used it last night.. this morning I kind of folded it down and had it in my lap. I leaned my arm on it and :eek GOT STABBED. :eek.. she left a sewing needle in it... I tried calling her but she was out today so I'll try again later... I'm just glad it was me .. I'm not going to let her live it down for a long time though :devil

:lol :lol :lol Glad you weren't too badly hurt :hug

Have a good day, ladies....off to :crocheting:crocheting...and will try and post some pictures later...maybe on the SKY Cal, since the comfortghan doesn't really fit here.

I think I'm about a third of the way through now with mine. I could try to post some pictures but Photobucket and I have a love/hate relationship <LOL>. Also, I'm not sure what my significant other did with the digital camera...

Ewwww.....

I second that. Double Ewwwww!!!!!!!

Oh, no!!! :eek That's right. Rub it in good.:rofl :rofl :rofl

Have a good day, ladies....off to :crocheting:crocheting...and will try and post some pictures later...maybe on the SKY Cal, since the comfortghan doesn't really fit here.

Aw, Judy. Post it here anyway. We love pictures.

I've been bad this week. I think everything I've worked on has been for others. Oh, well. There's always tomorrow or next week.:D

Oh, no!!! :eek That's right. Rub it in good.:rofl :rofl :rofl

:rofl :rofl

I've been bad this week. I think everything I've worked on has been for others. Oh, well. There's always tomorrow or next week.:D

Same here :yes Gotta start my sweater. Was really hoping it would be this week but it's definitely gonna be next week at the soonest.

Morning all, just gonna post my pics....be back later...

Even though the prayer shawl wasn't technically a ME project, I wanted to post here to see if you thought my alterations of the original pattern look OK. I switched the tr to dc and decreased chain spaces, also added point to bottom of Filet Knot to make it a triangle shawl. I wanted one that was warm and not as lacey as the original.

Also had to put my black sweater under the pic of the Knot, in order for the pattern to show, so forgive the lumpiness...

Second pic is of the rug I started, doesn't look like much but that is just the border pieces...

th_HPIM0663.jpg

th_HPIM0661.jpg

th_HPIM0659.jpg

I think I'm about a third of the way through now with mine. I could try to post some pictures but Photobucket and I have a love/hate relationship <LOL>. Also, I'm not sure what my significant other did with the digital camera...

Try using the bulk load feature - that hasn't caused me any grief at all....

th_HPIM0400.jpgCoffee brown with rose pink - the J is the start of her name.

th_HPIM0401.jpgclose up of what was a filet ribbon, but I changed it to a graph.

My Aunt made my cousin a quilt YEARS and YEARS ago (20?) for her wedding, and accidentally left a pin in it. To this day, my cousin has not been able to find it (it is INSIDE) and gets poked!!!

Morning all, just gonna post my pics....be back later...

Even though the prayer shawl wasn't technically a ME project, I wanted to post here to see if you thought my alterations of the original pattern look OK. I switched the tr to dc and decreased chain spaces, also added point to bottom of Filet Knot to make it a triangle shawl. I wanted one that was warm and not as lacey as the original.

Also had to put my black sweater under the pic of the Knot, in order for the pattern to show, so forgive the lumpiness...

Second pic is of the rug I started, doesn't look like much but that is just the border pieces...

th_HPIM0661.jpg

That is BEAUTIFUL!!! Where's the pattern?

My "ME" project is my hooded scarf, and I found out today that no one carries Hepplewhite in Homespun anymore. Someone offered it to me, but can't remember who? If it was you, please let me know - I think I'll take you up on the offer.

Thanks for the compliments, ladies...the design and colors are so "her"...she's not a flouncy person, so...

But I will put more rose pink on the border:hook

Judy here is the link: http://www.friendshipshawl.org/

and your blanket is gorgeous, the color combo and all....

WDILT

That a drug that was considered generic last year can be changed to not generic this year by your insurance company. Something I paid 4.00 for in 2007 just jumped to 25.00 when I went to get it today. My druggist spend all day trying to get the insurance to explain this to her. Now she is contacting her wholesale buyer to try and get a new generic in. I received a letter from them today saying there was no changes to the formulary, if that isn't a change I would like to know what is...

WDILT?

That there is a grocery store near my allergist's that has WIDE aisles and very clean floors, and was in nice straight aisle that I could go up and down. Instead of a stressful experience, I found it very relaxing (well, as far as shopping goes). I can't believe the difference it was with just a better layout. I'll be shopping there again, that's for sure!

Archived