Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I have an off day tomorrow and I am going to crochet. I just purchased an additional 24 skeins of yarn. I have to pull out my books and go looking.

Have a good night.

Hi Valerie :waving

Glad to hear you finally get a day off. You sure do deserve it with all of the hours you have been working.

WOW..24 new skeins of yarn. I curious....what kind and what colors did you get?

Have fun crocheting and enjoy your day off tomorrow!!

When you do it in SC do you count each square as 1 SC or 2 and do you do you still count it as one row???Would love to do one in SC.

It depends on the pattern I am using. As with this one it wasn't as big as I wanted to I am doing 2 sc per square across and each square down is 2 rows...I just double everything and in this case it is turning out really nice. I did some care bear blankets with my own design a few months back and on the first one I used 1 sc per square and the second I doubled. I really think the second one looks much better ( The bedtime Bear).

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65988&highlight=care+bear+blankets

Here is the thread where I posted the original pics...

Cheerios...I've been doing 1 sc per square on graphs, and it worked out with the bear ghan I made (on my blog), but with the German shepherd design I'll be doing this year (head only) I may do the 2sc - or just dc.

SC will probably look better - I love how your bedtime bear looks!!:clap

Shay - what are you thinking of making?

Good Morning Mel, Cheerios, Judy & Wendy,

Just dropped DN off at the bus stop. My work is never done!:lol Well at least I can go back to bed if I want to.

Mel here are the colors:

I Love This Yarn: buttercup, linen, light sage, toasted almond, antique white, Dark Country Blue, Forest, Medium Blue & Hot Rose.

RHSS: Pale Green, Magenta, Variegated Cherry Chip, Pale Yellow, LIght Blue, Cornmeal, Gray & Aran

I am very excited. I've decided to make the circle in square from lion brand and Becky's block... haven't decided which colors.

When you do it in SC do you count each square as 1 SC or 2 and do you do you still count it as one row???Would love to do one in SC.

I have a firefighter one that I'm doing in sc, and if I were to ever do another, I'd do something differently. Since the stitch in crochet is wider than it is tall (especially mine, which seem shorter than most), I would try it in hdc, since it is taller but not as tall as a dc, or an esc. I would suggest you doing a swatch of 20 stitches by 20 rows and making sure it's actually square. If it's shorter than it is wide, your graph is going to come out distorted.

I have a firefighter one that I'm doing in sc, and if I were to ever do another, I'd do something differently. Since the stitch in crochet is wider than it is tall (especially mine, which seem shorter than most), I would try it in hdc, since it is taller but not as tall as a dc, or an esc. I would suggest you doing a swatch of 20 stitches by 20 rows and making sure it's actually square. If it's shorter than it is wide, your graph is going to come out distorted.

I didn't think of the hdc - good thought, K! I really have to get used to making swatches:blush

Carol, you need more storage tubs!:lol:lol:lol

I am going to have to get some, but I am gonna be in trouble tomorrow, I go to pick up new glasses, and you know what that means......

It's in same center as Ollie's and Joann's, and a little ways up from Michael's and AC Moore. :D I'm trying to tell myself that I only really need some white worsted weight, but once I am there....:devil

I am going to have to get some, but I am gonna be in trouble tomorrow, I go to pick up new glasses, and you know what that means......

It's in same center as Ollie's and Joann's, and a little ways up from Michael's and AC Moore. :D I'm trying to tell myself that I only really need some white worsted weight, but once I am there....:devil

I know..."as long as I'm here...":lol:lol:lol

As long as I'm here......... I took Kim to the doctor this morning. Everything was absolutely normal. A fine checkup. Then we ran errands. And had lunch at Captain D's. And while we were out, we stopped at Walmart to get yarn for a prayer shawl. But....... ended up with yarn for two. 6 skeins of Fall and 8 skeins of Blueberry Pie. :lol :lol :lol Now that we're home, I'll finish up the BB block I started yesterday and then take a picture of them. I think this is #10, but I'm not sure. :crocheting

I don't, but does anyone have any ME photos to share? Or are we all still doing for others (me included:blush).

I finished a knitted dishcloth, which will have to be for me, seing as it is kind of wonky! I posted a picture of it half finished in the "knitwit" thread.

Update on my wave....only 12 more rows :jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay

These are the best i could get...my room is kind of dark and its so big!!

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Awesome!:clap:clap

Judy

Im going to be doing one trying to do a graph i have of Jared Padalecki.The instructions i have say to do 2sc per block and 2 rows per block row.Im going to do as Krystal says and try a few swatch's.

That's best - K knows what she's talking about!

Archived