Blanket Drive For Pine Ridge Reservation! It's Getting Cold There BRRRRRR!!!!

SassyThreads

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that we have started our blanket drive again this year for the Pine Ridge reservation. :yay :yay

The weather will be in the low 30's by this weekend on Pine Ridge! :wbrr

If anyone would like to send a lapghan or bigger afghan to the reservation please email me and I will be happy to give you the address of where to send your ghan and also add your name to our count. We are hoping for 125 to send by Dec.

Most of the families on PR do not have much money for heating so they end up not having any heat when the really cold weather sets in.

We also have a webstore at CFAC. All money raised from the webstore goes directly to the Lakota propane company to supply propane to families that can't afford it. If you have time please do check out our webstore.:yes

We are always happy to have new members join us as well. We are helping many different causes so come and check us out!

Blessings~~~:dog

I have one half way done (adult size), and another one almost done. (Rectangle granny square). Plus a baby sized one finished. Three more people (or more!) will be a little bit warmer this winter.

When we first moved here (CO), our house was really old w/ hardly any insulation. It was cold!! :wbrr I felt like I could kind of relate with them, because even when we had our heat on, it didn't help. (Fortunately we had a woodburning stove. Unless you were in the room with the stove, though, you were cold!)

Tina

I'm already a member of cfac. Trying to gather enough to send. Hopefully I will get help from some friends, too so we can send more.

What kind of materials do you want for this? I got a wool/alpaca blend for another charity project and ended up with a lot leftover. It's not in colors that I'll ever use personally, so I've been looking for something useful to do with it.

Hey Crafty The wool blend would be fine for Pine Ridge!:yes Nice and warm.Just be sure and tag it with the washing instructions. Email me at lshaffley@muchonmail.com and I will give you the address to send the ghan to when you are done with it.

Thank you Crafty for caring..:hug

Oh yes, any warm clothing is especially appreciated. The culture there is that the grandparents will give their blankets to the children, and if the winter is harsh, seniors freeze to death in their efforts to save the youngsters. I've been working with CFAC, and should have another afghan ready soon.

Okay, after assessing my supply of the wool blend (which turns out to be with angora, not alpaca), I'll do better to make warm clothing than a blanket out it. I have other yarns that I can turn into blankets, including a pile of Lion Brand Wool-Ease that I can't find my original choice of pattern for.

I need a mailing address!! My blankets are ready to GO!!!

Check her first post on this thread, her email addy is there so you can ask for the mailing address.

I have 1 afghan done and working on another. Also have baby stuff to send to hospital and children's things for families.

You can also send store bought blankets and fleece ones with a crochet border if you so choose.

Check her first post on this thread, her email addy is there so you can ask for the mailing address.

I have 1 afghan done and working on another. Also have baby stuff to send to hospital and children's things for families.

You can also send store bought blankets and fleece ones with a crochet border if you so choose.

Hmm. Maybe I am just not seeing it but I didn't see her e mail address in the first post. :think

Hmm. Maybe I am just not seeing it but I didn't see her e mail address in the first post. :think

That's because it isn't in the first post; it's post number 6, replying to my question about fibers.

That's because it isn't in the first post; it's post number 6, replying to my question about fibers.

Well, goodness!! If it was any closer it would have bit me on the nose!:lol

Thanks for the help!:hook

ETA--tried the email addy and it got returned to me Undeliverable. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Our yearly blanket drive is still ongoing. 2007 is almost gone, but the cold weather is not. We would greatly appreciate any help in keeping the people on the reservation warm during these very cold months.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished this one last night. :cheer

th_SUNP0012-1.jpg

One side

th_SUNP0011-2.jpg

Other side

I have also had this one done for a while now; which I am sending, too:

th_Picture272.jpg

Just have to get them boxed up and sent, now. :clap They are both baby afghans. To keep two more babies warmer. :c9

Tina

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Crafty The wool blend would be fine for Pine Ridge!:yes Nice and warm.Just be sure and tag it with the washing instructions. Email me at lshaffley@muchonmail.com and I will give you the address to send the ghan to when you are done with it.

Thank you Crafty for caring..:hug

I tried emailing you and got an error saying it was undeliverable :(. I have a box ready to send!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived