Christmas Gift Question

Cinlee

Hi!

I'm so unsure what to crochet for my friends and such. Can you please

Let me know what you are making for your friends and family for Christmas

Please. I need to get started early! heh heh Thankyou. ;)

:ctree Cinlee

Fortunately for me, I only have one person to make something for. I'm making an afghan/blanket for my mom. This is my first ripple, and it's dreadful. I lost some peaks and valleys along the way. She's already seen it, but she still thinks it's lovely :)

I'm new to crochet too! I'll be watching this thread for ideas too! So far, I've decided to make a ripple for my uncle and aunt, hats and scarves for my cousin's kids just trying to figure out how big the hats are going to be WITHOUT measuring them!:)

I'm doing small things... I made this kitty but I didn't stuff it and also didn't add a face or tail, as a pot holder for my kitty loving SIL.

Almost finished with this book cover for my MIL, who loves reading "smut" novels, but is too embarassed to let the covers show and always makes a book cover out of a brown paper bag.

My other SIL I plan to make an "apple trivet" b/c her kitchen is swarming w/apples.

Dishcloths and kitchen scrubbies are always great gifts too.

Oh, and my friend's tree is all in Santa, so I am making her this adorable one!

Hi!

I'm so unsure what to crochet for my friends and such. Can you please

Let me know what you are making for your friends and family for Christmas

Please. I need to get started early! heh heh Thankyou. ;)

:ctree Cinlee

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I was going to post a questions but didnt:blush .

I think I may ask my friends, but it's so early I doubt they're thinking of Christmas. I told a friend last week that there's only 12 weeks, and she said she doesn't count until December 1.

So I'm not sure either. I have 3 friends I'm really close to, that I don't have a clue, one is married with a baby, one is married no kids, one isn't married. :think

Maybe bookmarks for their bibles, a small clutch purse, a key chain liplam... not sure. I thought of slippers because they can stretch or be worn under socks... but not sure... maybe some with ribbon or cute crochet flowers:think ?

Then my best friend is about to have twins. I'm thinking dischothes and towel topers for general. Something just for her. Maybe something for her two older daughters. And a little something for the babies. But not sure what.

My aunt is getting a very warm afghan (triple strand) and last night I went to walmart and got the newest verigated for scarfs for her family (hubby gets a Zebra verigated, daughter gets the Lipstick, she gets the Monet and their grandson Zebra to match Grandpas scarf).

I all ready did slippers for my other aunt. Then maybe something for her, not sure what else...

Then there's family... my dad I decided doesn't get crochet:P so I'll just buy him something, maybe make him a hat or scarf... I don't know...

I went through the Christmas CAL... anyone interested??? post, some of it last night. But couldn't see anything.

I was looking at cluthes for small purses for my friends... And I got distracted by purses for me:lol .

So that's where I'm at...

No where really...

Other ideas helpful! :yes

Thanks.

Debbi

I found a little jewelry box in a crochet world magazine that I am going to try to make for my friends. It might have too much sewing to keep me interested in making more than one, but I'm gonna try.

Let's see, the past two years I've made: scarves, felted tote bags, a Cotton tots back pack, scrunchies, a tie, hot pads, and bookmarks. This year my big sis, whose birthday is just before Christmas, is getting a Christmas tree skirt. I made one last year for another sis' birthday, and big sis said "I want one!" I started it in July and am still working on it. :eek It's pretty, but made of five filet panels that just seem to take forever to make. Scarves are great--they're fast, and you can practice different stitches so that everyone gets a different one. Patty

I'm doing a little crocheted barn (it goes on a tableau I keep adding to for my father), a lampshade, a stuffed lamb, wrist warmers, a covered tissue box, a stuffed moose, an octopus, slippers, a set of potholders and hot pads, and I can't remember the rest off the top of my head.

Let me give you a couple hints, for women and girls at least. They always love slippers and bags. People I've made slippers for always ask for more. As for bags ~ any bags from the smallest 3" x 5" drawstring bag to a little cosmetic bag to a purse to a tote ~ they love them all. They don't even have to be fancy if you can't do fancy stitches. Use variegated yarn or make stripes, or make crocheted flowers and tie them on.

Females love bags because they are personal. And for you to make a bag for them sort of wows them.

So there's some more ideas. Have fun!

Real Deal

I also plan to make a bunch of these ice skate ornaments to have on hand for when I need a gift and don't have one....

Cute!

I was thinking of having something on hand too and these are cute.

I know scarfs are great to have on hand.

The ones I'm making are just going to be double crochet since they're verigated. The Lipstick (red) one all ready is starting to look good. But, yes you can practice different stitches with them.

Debbi

I try to match gifts when I can. This year I've cut way back on the homemades, but for example, one sis LOVES monkeys...so I'm making a pair of KristieMN's floppyfriends monkeys for her (don't worry she'll never see this message or this forum...she's not a yarn worker :)). My other sis will probably get a city girl cap (I saw one on a gal at a TS today...not homemade, supposedly but it sure looks like the Jan 07 CPAD calendar one to me!) she''s got her own style, but this would be so cute on her!

Everyone will be getting a sweetie the snowflake ornament (with a hanger, instead of a magnet) http://www.crochetsal.com/snowflake.html ...well, almost everyone. my newest niece will be getting a special ornament I designed (testing soon). my oldest niece (16) I may make her a nano sleeve. or something. We're probably drawing names, for the kids, so if we get her name, I'll be doing soemthing bigger than just that. DD is getting a set of clothes for her favorite doll.

Idea for your friends with the new baby, or the soon to have baby ... something just for her! (and something for baby, in a separate gift if you like, but soemthing to pamper mom) maybe a small tote/purse with foot cream, slippers, bubble bath, or coupon for a spa treatment tucked inside.

hope my ramblings helped a bit!

Momcrochets That did help! For my friend who is having twins I did give her some foot lotion and hand lotion and some other things for her with some baby stuff at the baby shower. She got other "just for mom" stuff too from other ladies there.

But yes, she will at christmas too, need to think what. Maybe some slippers, she does like to wear them... maybe put some more foot lotion in there with some cotton socks so she can soak them overnight in it. Maybe that will be for all my friends, ladies do like slippers and the foot lotion is great to pamper themself with. Maybe some girly socks or even some crochet edge socks.. hmmm... Thanks for the ideas.

OHHH MY GOSH!!!! :day What a bunch of great ideas!

I love all the little sites you sent me too, and the WONDERFUL gifts that everyone has in mind......gee, I really gotta get on the ball and start crocheting these GIFTS! :knit I can't afford to go out shopping this year :shop So CROCHET for eveyone it is! :yay

Thankyou so much, I enjoy reading eveyones ideas!

Cinlee :manyheart

I'm doing bath sets this year. Pairing up some soaps and lotions and stuff with a crocheted washcloth, headband, soap bag, and bath puff.

I made up most of the patterns myself since their easy, except for the puff which I got here...

http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/bath.htm

Thanks for the idea!

Woven (look) Bath Set is one RoseRed posted.

There was a back scrubber in it and I remember that because I thought my aunt might like one of those (she has trouble reaching or moving sometimes and uses a cane to walk when she can walk).

This might be an idea for friends. Maybe add a small bubble bath to the set... or some potpouri... or just the crochet item.

Crochet Patterns Central has a link to some Bath items.

Debbi

Well.. let's see

For my mom, she just remodeled her kitchen and I am making her dishcloths, potholders, etc to match everything. She picked out four colors of Peaches and Creme cotton yarn (I :heart Elmore Pisgah). I'm also making her a table runner in Ecru. It's called pretty posies and is located on the coats and clark website. I might even make one for myself.. but after Christmas... :-)

For my sister, I'm making the "sweet scallops shawl" (located on lion's brand website) but only doing two of the "fans" instead of 3 to make it a scarf.

For my aunt, I'm making a ripple blanket with homespun and Q hook so it's going very fast. I was also going to make her some dishcloths as well.

Good luck with everything!!

Well so far I have worked on a scarf that I should be completed on tonight....its a little boy scarf with a puppy face on both ends (cute)

Then I started (inbetween) a hat for my Dad, not done yet :no , having problems.

THEN, started up a afghan, but OHH, thats going to take awhile!:blush

I'm using EVERYONES GREAT ideas, and websites!!!!! I LOVE you all for that!! :hug My arm hurts but I'm moving along...lol

Cinlee ...thankyou! :manyheart

I'm using EVERYONES GREAT ideas, and websites!!!!! I LOVE you all for that!! :hug thankyou! :manyheart

Ditto that! I'm still trying to decide for my lady friends. Maybe a bath set in a basket with a little bubble bath and scented lotion... maybe a soat holder or ... not sure... Oh there is so pretty cotton yarn, that this could be nice. If I do each of theirs in a different color, it gives me more reason to purchase more yarn:devil

as if I need a reason:lol

Debbi

I reallllly want to start a bath set too!

everyone talks about them and they sound SOO nice, and there are so many pretty patterns. And there is so much more cotton now a days to choose from. OHH :think This is rough...heh heh

OHHH I GOTTA GO, I MUST START A BATH SET!!! :lol

Cinlee

Archived