365 Crochet Stitches a Year Calendar

Debbi-a1

Does anyone know about this? Says it's not released yet... but maybe someone knows or has one anyway? Sounds interesting and I was looking for a stitch book...

I just saw it over at Amazon

I was looking at the crochet a day calendar. and saw this 365 stitches one... This one is a Perpetual calendar.

Debbi

PS: I better stop now, I found another book that looks interesting.. :lol

Does anyone know about this? Says it's not released yet... but maybe someone knows or has one anyway? Sounds interesting and I was looking for a stitch book...

I just saw it over at Amazon

I was looking at the crochet a day calendar. and saw this 365 stitches one... This one is a Perpetual calendar.

Debbi

PS: I better stop now, I found another book that looks interesting.. :lol

A perpetual calendar is a great idea! And one of stitches - that you can use as you wish can be such an inspiration!

And I have that book, "201 Crochet Motifs, Blocks, Patterns and Ideas"! I really like it! It contains some very unique and lovely ideas! There was a thread about the book on here a little while ago too.

• 11 months later...

Jean has no intention of having a sequel! It occupied a whole year of my life. I couldn't

even look at crochet for about six months after it was finished! I didn't want to use just the same old stitches found everywhere else, so I spent every night until the wee hours searching foreign sites on the internet, finding maybe a blouse in a Russian publication that had an interesting stitch, then trying to figure out how the stitch was made -- that type of thing. I think I eventually used stitches found on sites from Russia, Ukraine, France,

Spain, Italy, Brazil and a few others. The most difficult in terms of technique came from Japan. THey were all in symbol form of course -- I don't know all of those languages -- and many were hand drawn and hard to read. I must have made three or four swatches for every one before I got them right. Tten I had to write out all the patterns, and from these a wonderful contract crocheter made all the photographed swatches.

Interestingly, though each country uses basically the same symbols, each had slightly different ways of drawing them, so each was like learning a new language.

Jean Leinhauser

Archived