Dog sweater and hat

sweet_ruin

No, sorry I didn't write the pattern down because I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but it I can try to break it down for you here it's not that difficult.

This is all worked in a round except for the white parts.

The body part of the sweater, all I done was chain 2 and then single crochet as many as I needed to have a loose fit on the largest part of her chest. I single crocheted until it was long enough to reach her front legs (I tried it on her as I went to make sure of the size) once I reached her front legs, I crocheted the middle piece between her legs long enough so that it reached the top of her legs. Then I left a big enough gap for her legs and crocheted the bag piece to the same length as the middle piece. Once it was long enough I continued single crocheting across the two leg gaps to make a solid circle again and single crocheted until in was the length I wanted in the neck.

For the legs, I done them separately and sewed them on afterwards, I chained 2 again and single crocheted in 2nd chain from hook until I had it long enough to VERY loosely fit around her arms. I single crocheted in the round until it was the right length for her arms. (You don't want to make the arms too long because they'll end up stepping on them or tripping on them!)

The white parts on the sweater I don't separately and sewed them on later. What I done with these is I chained 2 and single crocheted in the second chain from the hook until it was the length I wanted for each part. But instead of crocheting in all of the front loops I went back and forth to get a ripple effect in it. (I don't know if there is a proper name for that, I'm only new to this. haha!)

Well thats about it, I just sewed all the bits together when I was done. I hope this will help a little... I might make another one and write a pattern as I go, but the sizing will be different for every dog.

Wow, what a nice job. I'd say you have a great future ahead of you as a designer, if you can do this well after crocheting for only a month.

:clap :clap :clap Your dog is a cutie, too & a great model.

Welcome to the Ville.:welcome

Katie

I love it! I "dress" my chihuahuas and I've never put a hat on them except "costume" hats for Christmas and Halloween. Hmmm, something to think about

OMG for only crocheting for alittle over a month you're doing an amazing job! I've been crocheting for like two months and haven't gotten nearly as far! Super job. Your pup looks adorable in it's outfit.

Great job! I have two Chihuahua's that are dressed every morning by my children. They love it! They growl if when you try and take an outfit off of them :)

michele

That's an adorable sweater. :) Great work! :clap

Rey, my male Chihuahua would love it - he loves getting dressed up in shirts/sweaters/coats especially when the temperatures start dropping. I'd have to make it shorter or adapt it for him - otherwise, after 1 trip outdoors, he would definitely need to have a dry sweater put on. :lol

Luna, my female Chi, would like it but she's not as interested/happy about getting dressed up as Rey is/does. :lol Hmmm....does that mean I have a tomboy of a female Chihuahua?!?! :laughroll I know that I can't put her to bed at night wearing anything because she always manages to wiggle her way out of it by morning. She's my Stripper dog! :lol

I don't have a dog, but that's a great outfit.

I just have one question.... you said it was all worked in rounds? How do you get it on your dog? I guess I just have an image of a dog's nose sticking out of a sleeve. :blush

Very well made! :clap :clap :clap :clap

And you've only been crocheting a little over a month??? :nworthy

I would love to make my dog a sweater but living in central Florida almost makes that an impossiblity - unless I want my dog to have a heat stroke! Mr. Pete would not be pleased, therefore I refrain. Serious cute factor though!

Great job,

Jennifer

Archived