Can you crochet a candle?

coffeeandcrochet

I'm a candle person I love them, I was sitting here today and looked over at a candle and thought, I wonder if I could crochet one? So I gave it a try. I guess the answer to my question is yes you can crochet one lol. (I know, its scary in my world just random things pop into my head and I think I'll make that ) anyway thanks for looking,and have a great day!

crochet07005turn.jpg

that's really cute. My Grandmother used to use tennis ball cans and Pringles cans for big candles (and stuff them with cookies for presents). I made a bunch to fit over toilet paper rolls last Christmas and the family went bonkers for them.

Just a couple ideas for you.

For Tapers, you can use paper towel roll cores. I also used industrial toilet paper roll cores that were about the size of the one in the picture. Made beautiful candles.

Now I have to figure a pattern to go over a Benefiber bottle...I have piles of them saved up...hey, at least I get my healthful fiber every day, lol.

That's spooky! I had a dream last night about trying to crochet a candle! In the dream, I was having a hard time trying to get the "wick and flame" to stand up tall. lol

Love your candle!

that is probably the only type of candle I could have. My hubby is a fireman and he won't let me light any candles. He's convinced that I will set the house on fire. (I have never given him reason to think this but oh well)

Great work! It also reminds me of the ones my grandma used to make for Christmas decorations.

that's really cute. My Grandmother used to use tennis ball cans and Pringles cans for big candles (and stuff them with cookies for presents). I made a bunch to fit over toilet paper rolls last Christmas and the family went bonkers for them.

Just a couple ideas for you.

What a great idea to use the pringles cans. I don't do many crafts (besides crochet) although some, and was going to see what to use these for and this is a great idea.

Thanks.

Archived