Pseudo-Kimono CAL?

Kymberlina

It is beautiful but it looks like it is for the thin and I am of the thick and chunky variety.

That is a beautiful kimono-type sweater. I wonder if I could get the book at Barnes & Noble...? Because if so, then I'd be game.

The Barnes & Noble in my town did not carry this book. Neither did Border's, AC Moore, Micheal's, or Books-a-Million! Needless to say, I wasted a lot of gas for nothing. I ended up ordering it used from Amazon for $2.00.

The Barnes & Noble in my town did not carry this book. Neither did Border's, AC Moore, Micheal's, or Books-a-Million! Needless to say, I wasted a lot of gas for nothing. I ended up ordering it used from Amazon for $2.00.

Yikes! Maybe I'll call around before I go legging it. Thanks for the info. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, this is the sweater I want to make! When will this CAL be taking place? I want to make it, but I don't have enough money to buy the yarn for it yet... So, I have to wait a little bit. :(

-Stephanie

P.S. Thanks Darski for bumping it for me!

Hey guys. I've started this sweater, I hadn't posted anything b/c I thought no one else really wanted to make it. I've got the main body part done and blocked and now I am working on the corset.

I'm using Knit Picks Shine Sport in Creme. Also a word of warning: The pattern recommends a yarn substitute of a worsted weight alpaca blend. I went to the Knit Picks site and looked up the yarn it suggests and it is sport weight. I decided to use Shine Sport instead b/c it according to the label both yarns knit up to the same gauge and b/c it is way cheaper! I also want to point out the pattern calls for a H hook but I had to go down to a F hook to obtain gauge, and I do not consider myself a loose crocheter. So it's very important to make a gauge swatch, block it and then measure gauge.

I also think I found an error in the pattern. On the last rows of the Left and Right Front panels you need to Chain 3, instead of chaining 5 so it will match the back.

I can't wait to get this done, but first I have to get through these endless sc's first. ;) I love the yarn, it's $2.49 a ball, it's a cotton blend and it has a nice drape perfect for the pattern. I haven't been taking progress pics but here is the yarn I'm using...

yarnresize.jpg

I'll post more pics later.

Here she is in all her glory. My shameless self-photo coupled with my mad Photoshop skills. ;)

kimonoresize.jpg

Overall it was easy to make. I used a little over 12 balls. I'm pretty happy with it, it's not the most flattering piece of clothing but it will get some wear.

OMG That turned out so beautiful! This is one of the main reasons that I bought this book, as well, but I just havent gotten around to making this. Im so glad to see it worked up and it looks just fabulous on you!

Archived