Pseudo-Kimono CAL?

Kymberlina

Kymberlina,

You did a nice job. Just a question though, as I haven't started it yet. It looks like the panel below the lacy part is big on you. Did you want it that way or is that the way the pattern comes out? If it is the pattern, do you think that it would be easy to alter it to make it more fitted? I love this pattern and want to make it. But with my body type if I left it that way it would not look right. Also, did your gauge match the pattern?

Kymberlina,

You did a nice job. Just a question though, as I haven't started it yet. It looks like the panel below the lacy part is big on you. Did you want it that way or is that the way the pattern comes out? If it is the pattern, do you think that it would be easy to alter it to make it more fitted? I love this pattern and want to make it. But with my body type if I left it that way it would not look right. Also, did your gauge match the pattern?

Actually it's not big on me. I know it kinda looks that way in the pic, but it is fitted around my torso. It must be the angle of the picture. This sweater is easily adjustable b/c it is a wrap design, and you can make it as fitted as you like by simply sewing the buttons on more to the side.

My gauge matched the pattern but as I said in an earlier post, I had to go down to an F hook to match it, not the suggested H hook the pattern calls for. The pattern writer must be a tight crocheter. Just be sure to check gauge swatch and lightly block it for an accurate measurement.

Good luck! :hook

Actually it's not big on me. I know it kinda looks that way in the pic, but it is fitted around my torso. It must be the angle of the picture. This sweater is easily adjustable b/c it is a wrap design, and you can make it as fitted as you like by simply sewing the buttons on more to the side.

My gauge matched the pattern but as I said in an earlier post, I had to go down to an F hook to match it, not the suggested H hook the pattern calls for. The pattern writer must be a tight crocheter. Just be sure to check gauge swatch and lightly block it for an accurate measurement.

Good luck! :hook

OH Thanks! I know I always manage to get pictures of myself that are at the wrong angle so I know how that is. I guess I assumed because you said it wasn't the most flattering. It really does look pretty, and you did it so quickly!

I also bought this book almost a year ago planning on making this sweater and the pea coat! I love Robyn's designs.

I find this to be true as well. I have made several of her designs and recently have crocheted samples for her upcoming book. I almost always have to go down at least a hook size (or 2!!)

I'm planning on making the kimono sweater with Reynolds Devotion in Black. (Angora/Nylon blend)

535987507_961e82048e_m.jpg

It's on the cone with what looks like 2 strands held together... I'm going to split it into 1 strand.

Anyone else making this?

I wanted to make this sweater, but I didn't realize it would take so much yarn and also cost so much... I can't afford $2.49 a skein, especially because I am a 2X. I am quite disappointed because I was really looking forward to buying the yarn for this and making it. Oh well, maybe I will look for something else to make.

-Stephanie

Have you looked at a cheaper yarn? Or maybe buying some now and some later?

I wanted to make this sweater, but I didn't realize it would take so much yarn and also cost so much... I can't afford $2.49 a skein, especially because I am a 2X. I am quite disappointed because I was really looking forward to buying the yarn for this and making it. Oh well, maybe I will look for something else to make.

-Stephanie

I think this style is flattering for all figure types...If you are a plus who is more of a pear, you can always continue the top stitch pattern on the bottom of the sweater rather than the more fitted stitch shown. I'm tempted to increase the bottom portion to make it more of a babydoll.

If the yarn looks expensive, look into getting yarn by the pound cone on ebay.

• 3 weeks later...

OK I am officially in this CAL :hook

I chose Paton's Brilliant Yarn because I thought this would look pretty in a sparkly yarn. And also because I got the yarn for $1 a skein at Big Lots :yarn

I just started last night and I am not sure how long this will take but I love this pattern.

• 6 months later...

I really love this pattern, I have the book from the library, I was wondering if any one from the uk had made this, if so, what weight yarn did you use, how many grams and what hook? I have never made a wearable other than a poncho, I wonder how easy it is? yikes! I would dearly love to make this!

• 8 months later...

Archived