A.C. Moore

The_Virginia_Hooker

We were on vacation, on our way to Michaels, and i noticed a sign for A.C. Moore. I said "We have to stop there on the way back, i've read about this store online." We did, and we were there for 5 HOURS. I got a few beading things, but their YARN selection. No WONDER people love that place!!!!!:hook

I Love LOVE LOOVVEE A.C. Moore!!!:manyheart :manyheart I could spend the whole day in there! The only problem is that they have so many yarns that it's hard to choose. They seem to have a better selection than our Michael's. And they have great sales. A few months ago they had RH Super Savers 3 for 5$. I walked out of there with almost 100 bucks spent. Had to wait for my husband to leave so that I could sneak it all into the house though:devil Oh well, he collects antique guns so at least my habit is a tad bit cheaper than his!! I'm glad that you had such a good time!!

I used to love to buy their one pound mill end bags for 5.99. And still do if I need a specific color. But another post in a different thread mentioned that Caron on line sells same bags for 3.49. Only catch is you cant pick and choose colors. Good for bulking up stash though. And shipping still doesn't equal the extra 2.50 per bag. I like the simply soft yarn, and that is how I got alot of it. The price goes down too if you buy over a designated amount.

But as far as choices go, I would do AC Moore over Michaels for Yarn any day.

I would live at acmoore if they would let me. I usually don't get alot of time in there though because my dh has to take me and he would rather have a root canal than spend anymore time there than necessary. He always tells me: take your time. then he paces like a mad dog which makes me nervous so I grab what I came for, then leave.lol

What they need to do at craft stores is have some sort of adult daycare corner right by the front entrance, that has TVs with ESPN, fishing shows, and Headline News, coffee, beer, chicken wings and pizza. Then we could drop the men off at that corner, and they'd be occupied while we get our yarn :D

OMG!! I love that idea! I hate having to go into a craft store with my hubby. He is very patient, but I always feel guilty and rushed. You should suggest that to corporate!!!!

Kim

Sounds like ya'lls ACMoore stores need to take a hint from the one here in Myrtle Beach. They have patio sets and rocking chairs and adirondack chairs that they sell and they tend to at least have the rockers and adirondack displayed out in front of the store and they are almost always occupied by old men waiting for their wives to come out of the store. They also have a bench or two inside near the doors (guess it keeps the guys from getting to overwhelmed or claustraphobic:lol ). My husband doesn't mind roaming around with out daughter or helping me pick out yarn except for this time of year. He's allergic to hay and straw and they like to put their packaged straw right inside the doors and everywhere:think .

I love ACMoore too much for my own good...rarely set foot in Michael's, just not impressed with them.

The one in Myrtle was the one i went too :D

I love it ! I am from the Myrtle Beach area and I can visit ACMoore when I visit. I love that place..I have to stay away or I would be in debt and divorced:yes ...their prices are comparable with Walmart and great selection of everything. I am going this Friday!

I live in the A.C. Moore-free wasteland of the west. But when I visit my mom in NJ, I always volunteer to take her to A.C. Moore--so we can both stock up. The inventory blows Joann's and Michael's out of the water. Last year I bought small cashmere skeins for something like $5 or 6 each. There was nothing approximating cashmere at Joann's until they recently started carrying their own brand. And they have a lot more options, including Peruvian wool and cottons from abroad. My mom loves their sales and gets great deals; their sale prices beat Joann's and Michael's hands down. I'll join you on the "We love A.C. Moore" bandwagon, where I'll be the one jumping up and down and pleading for them to "Move west, young store, move west!" Patty

I used to love to buy their one pound mill end bags for 5.99. And still do if I need a specific color. But another post in a different thread mentioned that Caron on line sells same bags for 3.49. Only catch is you cant pick and choose colors. Good for bulking up stash though. And shipping still doesn't equal the extra 2.50 per bag. I like the simply soft yarn, and that is how I got alot of it. The price goes down too if you buy over a designated amount.

But as far as choices go, I would do AC Moore over Michaels for Yarn any day.

Use your weekly 40 percent off coupon on the mill end bags. Thats what I do. I go through 3 or 4 of those coupons a week. I like to print my own money!

Too bad they are in such weird locations! The closest one to me is over an hour away in either direction. One in Dover Delaware where at least I don't have to pay any sales tax and the other in Glenn Burnie. I wish Hobby Lobby would open around here it sounds better than all of the other craft stores!

I went to AC Moore a few weeks ago. I totally scored! I could not believe the selection and the sales! Well worth the 45 minute drive. I am lucky, dh does not mind wandering around while I shop. Sometimes he even picks out yarn that he thinks is "cool" looking.

You are all sooo lucky!!! The AC Moore's I have been going to in NC seem to be decreasing the yarn aisles drastically. Used to be able to find some interesting fancier yarns and now it's only the basices and only about 2 aisles.

Angie

• 2 months later...
What they need to do at craft stores is have some sort of adult daycare corner right by the front entrance, that has TVs with ESPN, fishing shows, and Headline News, coffee, beer, chicken wings and pizza. Then we could drop the men off at that corner, and they'd be occupied while we get our yarn :D

Thanks for my laugh of the day:lol I couldn't agree more......

Archived