Motif Arrangement

jaredsfa2004

That is a pretty motif! My first impression is that the 1st one looks better, but after thinking about it, I think it depends a lot on how you are going to use the finished article. The triangular negative space in the second one could look really good in some situations, like a doily on a polished table, or maybe a shawl that you want to be open.....What is this going to be?

Either one would work well, but the second one would need a filler motif. That would add another dimension of interest to the pattern so it might be nice. You could play with that idea and see how you like it.

Very pretty motif. I actually like the second one best. Though I would be inclined to add a fill in motif to give it a more finished look.

They are both nice though. So what ever you decide to do should be very pretty.

I think it really depends on how you are wanting this to be displayed in the end. Me personally less IS more sometimes. So if it were going to be say a doily for someone I say the first. But if it were for me :D I like the second one. I like to openness of it. It could be put over a nice solid cloth (like a tablerunner or tablecloth) and sewn on and made to look fantabulous!

Archived