Project Linus

Tena

:cheer Hi Is anyone here a Project Linus Coordinator?

I am the coordinator for the NW Pennsylvania chapter of Project Linus. I am so happy to see Project Linus under the Charity forum. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions or I'll help you find a chapter near you.:clap

Tena

PL is great! :) There's one near me, and I love it because, well, I can drop off items, and I don't have to mail anything lol. Seriously though, it's nice to help out charities far away, but at the same time, local ones need items too, and the money saved in shipping can go towards more yarn. I love it! :)

Victoria

We have 2 local chapters here in Phoenix both are great we get together and talk and work on our current PL project or what have you we serve lunch and have drinks and raffles to raise some extra money I got involved with PL a few years ago as I had an abundance of afghans laying around my house and were in the process of moving and I couldnt decide what to do with them so some one told me about PL and to look on the website for a drop off location well I did and I found one right around the corner from where we currently live so I took a whopping 5 bags full over to them with a card that said Handmade by me my address etc and I got the nicest thank you card back from The coordinator and since then I am hooked on dropping them off to them. I dont get to make many meetings since they are on Saturdays but I have several friends who go and will take my blankets and several stores will collect them as well.

I'm part of the Project LInus chapter in Central PA, hi Tena! The most touching story I've had is that of a 16 year old boy celebrating his birthday in his social worker's office and my blanket was the only gift he'd get. Charlene

Mom and I are blanketeers with the Tucson chapter. In fact, Saturday I got about 12 blankets from her, which I washed with 4 of my own I made for them. All I have to do is check (make sure no ends popped out during washing) and tag them and they're all ready to go. Our Project Linus chapter does participate in the program that gives a blanket to kids whose parent dies in the war, so they need red, white and blue ones. Mom made a red, white and blue ripple in this batch. She loves to make the preemie and infant ones, so I try to balance her out with ones for the bigger kids. Our chapter has donated over 10,000 blankets! Look for a photo coming soon of Mom's blankets (well, and mine, but hers are so much nicer than mine). We both love making PL blankets! Patty

My first afghan when I started crocheting again this year was for Project Linus. I've done several this year. Last month I got a Thank you from the child that received the last one I gave. I got goosebumps, and even cried a bit. It felt sooooo good!

Lov2Crochet, the PL chapter will put the official PL tag on it when they process the blankets and get them ready for delivery. Although you don't have to put your name and address on a tag, if you do, they will send you a lovely thank you card (but only put your first name on the official PL tag, so your info will be confidential). patty

Hi Lindsey,

The chapter coordinator or one of her assistants will put the LINUS labels on them as the log them in to there records. So just drop it off at one of the drop off locations near you and they will take care of the rest. PLEASE put your name and contact info in with your blanket. You might want to contact your local chapter and let them know.

Thanks Tena

Hi Charlene,

Wow I can’t wait to meet her. I have been a coordinator for almost 10 years and have never been able to go to conference. But this year my husband said I need to go. It will be so nice to put faces to all the names.

Tena

I read about Project Linus here at Crochetville a few months ago and have since started making for them here in Scotland. It took me a while to find a lScottish co-ordinator who wanted crocheted blankets but when I finally did she was so nice. I have made and sent 6 blankets so far. As it is for baby sized right through to teens it gives lots of scope for colour/size! A Great project!

I read about Project Linus here at Crochetville a few months ago and have since started making for them here in Scotland. It took me a while to find a lScottish co-ordinator who wanted crocheted blankets but when I finally did she was so nice. I have made and sent 6 blankets so far. As it is for baby sized right through to teens it gives lots of scope for colour/size! A Great project!

That's great! I think PL is all over:yay

I have just recently learned that there is a chapter in York Region..here in Ontario. I have 4 blankets made already and the drop off is at a drug store in town. I will probably be dropping them off in the middle of November.

Hi Lindsey, I’m glad you were able to find a chapter that takes crocheted blankets. I am still in awe at how large PL has become in the 12 years since Karen started it. It amazes me the power of word of mouth, a friend tells a friend and they tell a friend and wow a national group of all volunteers is born.

Hi there,

I just joined a great location for myself here in California. This is going to

be a small group, but hopefully we'll grow :)

HUGS

~Karla

:cheer Hi Is anyone here a Project Linus Coordinator?

I am the coordinator for the NW Pennsylvania chapter of Project Linus. I am so happy to see Project Linus under the Charity forum. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions or I'll help you find a chapter near you.:clap

Tena

• 2 weeks later...

After reading Tena's total number, I checked our local website, and we've donated over 16,500 blankets since the chapter was started (many years ago). I think my mom and I are responsible for about 100 of these (sounds like a lot, but Mom likes to make infant and preemie sizes, so they're not large). Regardless, between our two chapters alone, Tena, that's a lot of blankets! :hook Patty

Archived