Nativity Set

yarnjeannie

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I knew a woman who bought all the materials for this nativity set and then when she sat down to start it, she realized she didn't really want to tackle it, so she returned everything.

It is a daunting task - I think that I probably put $75 worth of yarn (and those were 1994 yarn prices!) and at least 250 hours into making this. It was worth it though!

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa! I've never seen it that high! You may not find it in time for this Christmas - it's a big project anyway -Look for it after Christmas and maybe they'll sell it at a better price. $40 is out of my league. I purchased mine when AA had them in their catalog. Perhaps if everyone looking for this one e-mailed AA and asked them to reissue this booklet, it might persuade them to do so. I've noticed that they've been reprinting some gone-but-not-forgotten patterns.

Wow! I love your nativity set. Looks very detailed! I have wanted to make the gourmet crochet nativity set myself, but just don't have the time for this x-mas. Too many gifts to make. Really it is such a good thing to crochet because only if it can be used in December it is incorporated into family christmas memories. Great job!

$40! - out of my price range too - and the seller doesn't post to Australia anyway. You're right, it IS a very big project, and wouldn't be completed this year, so I've taken your advice and emailed Annie's Attic, to beg for a reprint!

I'm so excited - I've been lucky enough to buy the pattern on ebay! Now I can't wait for it to get here - it will be for next year, of course, and I will make mine in thread, instead of yarn; perhaps in #5 perle cotton. Lots of lovely jewel colours in that.

I've been thinking about this Nativity Set and would like to make one (not this year!) but maybe for next year. I found this pattern

http://www.leisureartslibrary.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=800116 and may get it. The patterns avail on Ebay are all kind of out of my price range right now although after Christmas they may go down a little.

Katie

Archived