Chicken Head?

wrenlover

Question

Call me crazy, but I swear I saw a crocheted chicken head that sets on the

top of a pot lid. Has anyone seen this too or have I gone completely bonkers?

If you have seen it, is there a pattern? It was the funniest/cutest thing! (even if it is all in my mind:think )

Lisa

24 answers to this question

That is great! I am glad you were able to get a pattern, the one I saw was white and sitting atop of a pan lid....just don't remember who had it posted. Oh well, this one is very cute too.

Andrea, the one you, I and Wren (and I'm sure many others) saw that got this thread started was on Julie's blog... http://www.livejournal.com/users/skamamawa/ about 2/3 down the page. Thank you again Julie (and lavendarblitz).

That is great! I am glad you were able to get a pattern, the one I saw was white and sitting atop of a pan lid....just don't remember who had it posted. Oh well, this one is very cute too.

I just used LJ user Lavendarblitz's instructions here and free handed it...

http://www.livejournal.com/community/crochet/1535131.html

Let's see. First, use cotton. I think it was either in hdc or dc with an H hook, I think. So, I would put 8 sts to start the circle for hdc and 12 sts to start if it's in dc. I made two big circles which were slip stitched tog right sides out. I made two smaller circles for the head. Sew these tog about 3/4 of the way, stuff with polyfill, then dc the remainder toward the front of one of the big circles. Dc shells for the top feathers. Chains for the tail feathers and buttons for the eyes. I think I just made a tiny cone for the nose and sewed it on.

Wren? Did you ever find the site that had the cute chicken hot lid potholder pattern? If so, could you please share it? My friend is re-doing her kitchen in hens/roosters and I cannot find the pattern anywhere. I would very much appreciate it if you did. Thanx just in case. :hook

That was totally out there! Those eyeballs are creepy *yet* very creative!!

Would never thought of the eyeball on an ear of corn!:eek I love how incredibly artistic people are, especially in crochet.

Lisa

I am sure I had seen it on another website recently with a pattern. I'll keep checking. I check my History files and see what that comes up with. I know I had seen it. :think

Thanks Everyone! It was on a blog. But I cannot remember which one:think .

There may not have been a pattern, it was just too cute and funny. I thought it would make a great housewarming gift if I could get a pattern.

Lisa

I thought it was on a blog, too and I definately remember seeing a pattern with the picture! I just saw it over the weekend. Have to remember whose blogs I saw. :hook

Thanks Everyone! It was on a blog. But I cannot remember which one:think .

There may not have been a pattern, it was just too cute and funny. I thought it would make a great housewarming gift if I could get a pattern.

Lisa

I know I've seen this recently myself. I'll keep checking. I thought it was a great idea for lifting lids off hot pots/skillets. You might want to check out this site, it doesn't have the chicken lid thingy but it does have some other chicken/hen items along with many other things.

http://web.archive.org/web/20011204190044/crochetbox.topcities.com/pattern_list.htm

Most of the pictures don't show up so you'll just have to make the items to see what's there. But there is a chicken and a hen potholder along with many things I haven't seen before. :hook

Archived