Purse for Birthday Gift

HappyOldCro

:yay I finally got a friend to come over and do some pics for me. This was one of my August projects. The purse was from a pattern, but I made the strap go to the bottom, and widened the strap, for strength and comfort. I added brass buttons on the straps where they attached to the purse, to look like the gromets (?) you see on leather purses. I also added a lining (the pattern didn't call for one) with a small separate pocket. The stripes, closure shape and tassle were mine too. My friend admired it while I was in process of making it, so it is going to her for her 60th birthday, along with the cat quilt (yes I sew too) that it is sitting on. She is a wonderful friend and I hope it will please her. No, she won't see it on here, she isn't a computer person and doesn't belong to online groups. Please give an opinion if you happen to look at this post, Thank You.:photo

[/url]

th_PurseandquiltforLucy.jpg

Thank you all for your compliments. I was real nervous about posting it, afraid of all the cr rules and if it looked good. I had sent a letter to a friend encouraging her to post her work, because she was worried it wasn't good enough, and I realized I need to follow my own advise. I am not afraid of constructive criticism either, so if something looks wrong, do not hesitate to tell me. Trying to work up the courage now to write down some of my own creations and have them tested...make take me awhile to get to that stage though...I want to be an :artist who :pencil :nbook. :xfin for me.

It's wonderful! You did a terrific job. I would love a purse like that; I'm sure it will make your friend's day. The quilt looks great, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived