Half Moon Shawl along

ickaboo

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love this pattern!!

I do too I just haven't had time to start a new one just yet. Too many christmas gifts to make that I already started.

You are all making lovely shawls. :manyheart

Well I had to frog my shawl. The Bernat super value is too thin and makes the shawl too small. I had some Jiffy, but really don't like it. Too scratchy. I have ordered 1 pounders and will try using a double strand and see how the shawl looks. I should have my yarn in a few days. Boy those Lion Brand patterns are funky. They are hard to follow. It almost seems as if the person never crocheted. They could have told us if the ch 3 at the end of rows counts.!!!

:cheer Evening everyone, just dropping in to let you know that I am still around and working on my shawl. I am on row 14. I guess I am taking my time with this because I really enjoy this pattern and I want to enjoy every crochet stitch I make. LOL :hook But, I need to be finish at least by next week-end for that is when I plan on wearing it. I am also wondering what type of closure everyone used, a button, crochet ties at each end or just let it hang free and easy????? I do plan on being in this CAL for a while for I plan on making at least one to two more for myself in different colors.

Well I had to frog my shawl. The Bernat super value is too thin and makes the shawl too small. I had some Jiffy, but really don't like it. Too scratchy. I have ordered 1 pounders and will try using a double strand and see how the shawl looks. I should have my yarn in a few days. Boy those Lion Brand patterns are funky. They are hard to follow. It almost seems as if the person never crocheted. They could have told us if the ch 3 at the end of rows counts.!!!

You could also try Bernat Softee Chunky. It is the same weight as the Jiffy but not scratchy at all. And much easier to work with. But let us know how the doubled one pounders work out. :)

Received my 1 pound yarn. Tried the pattern for 7 rows with a double strand and think it is way over gauge. I will be trying with a single strand. Will work to the end of pattern to see size of finished garment. Has anyone done more rows than the pattern?

:cheer Hi everyone, 7 more rows to go than I am finished with my shawl. I am really enjoying crocheting this that I want to start immediately on another one. AC Moore is having a sale on Lionbrand Jiffy yarn this week so I will diffently be running down there this week to buy some. I wish I had an answer for you sprtsbear, but others have used different yarns to make this shawl with some great results. :hook

Received my 1 pound yarn. Tried the pattern for 7 rows with a double strand and think it is way over gauge. I will be trying with a single strand. Will work to the end of pattern to see size of finished garment. Has anyone done more rows than the pattern?

I did more rows since I tend to be on the fluffy side. :) I just repeated the pattern. w/o looking at the pattern, it ends w/ a boggle row followed by a row of dcr. So I then did the 3 rows w/ the open looks through to the dcr row. Hope that helps.

Sandy

:c9 morning everone. Wow sprtbear beautiful work, you must be a very fast crocheter for it took you two days to make this, wish I was a fast crocheter. But, guess what I only have two rows to go then my shawl is completed. I loved working on it and plan on starting another one.

Oh I love the aqua shawl, great color and I love the pattern....I wear mine all the time....dark green with light green border....and everyone comments on it that it looks so difficult and it wasn/t:cheer

:woo :woo Just the edging to crochet and the ends to weave in and I am finished with my first half moon shawl. I must say I really enjoyed crocheting this. After I tie up some other WIP I plan on starting another one. When I am finally finish I will post a picture.

I've been reading your posts and checking out your photos and I became inspired to make this Shawl. I got so excited that I already made one. I am in the process of making a second one. Thank you all for the tips. I kept them all in mind! This pattern was really quick and it came out really nice. I decided to include the bobbles. I'm using Caron 1lb Yarn in soft Sage, and Lilac with a P Crystalite hook.

I've been reading your posts and checking out your photos and I became inspired to make this Shawl. I got so excited that I already made one. I am in the process of making a second one. Thank you all for the tips. I kept them all in mind! This pattern was really quick and it came out really nice. I decided to include the bobbles. I'm using Caron 1lb Yarn in soft Sage, and Lilac with a P Crystalite hook.

Please post picks when you're done! I would love to see the shawl in the sage and lilac colors!!

Kim

Am posting a picture of the shawl I finished, but I may get drummed out for changing the pattern a bit. Was pleased with the results.

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/ambercrafts/GJCrochet/

It is titled MatrixShawl but is Caron Fabulous. So glad I had the finger guard that a lady on another thread so kindly gave us the pattern to. Otherwise, I would have had a lacerated finger.

Glenda

Glenda,

Your shawl is gorgeous! What yarn is that? It looks like a "dressed up - going out to dine & dance" shawl (which is great!), is it? Did you need the finger guard because of the type of yarn?

PS: Your "dishcloth shawl" is beautiful too! Did you give it that name because it's made of the cotton yarn usually used for dishcloths?

Archived