Half Moon Shawl along

ickaboo

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that pattern. I might have to join you on this one if I can convince my DH that I need more yarn...Will try to, though, because I like this pattern.

I like that pattern. I might have to join you on this one if I can convince my DH that I need more yarn...Will try to, though, because I like this pattern.

Tell him that it won't barely cost $10.00 AND it is waaayyy cheaper than buying the actual item in the store. :lol :lol

That gets mine everytime.

Any ideas of how this may work using Red Heart SS? I'd like to use my stash and really like the look of this :manyheart I suppose I could do a swatch and check my guage but thought I'd throw the question out here first :devil I'm tempted to join :clap

Any ideas of how this may work using Red Heart SS? I'd like to use my stash and really like the look of this :manyheart I suppose I could do a swatch and check my guage but thought I'd throw the question out here first :devil I'm tempted to join :clap

I'm not sure how it would work with Redheart. Probably you would need to adjust the hook size depending on your gauge but I would think you could adapt it. I considered the same thing cause I have more Redheart than Jiffy yarn. Ended up using Bernat Softee Chunky. :D

What a cute shawl! I've been waiting for a Crochet-Along to start that I was interested in because I didn't want to jump into one that had been going on for months--and I think this is it. :) I have to check the stash to see if I have any appropriate yarn and then I'm in.

Checked my stash and I don't have quite enough to make the shawl:( . Guess I'll have to go buy some yarn!:yay

Kim

Yay for you. :clap I had the yarn but I went out and bought more in a color I liked. :hook

Yay! I'm going out now to buy my yarn for this! I think I'll make it in white and if i like it I'll make one for my mother, too. It looks like it works up real fast.

it works up real fast. It would be great christmas or last minute birthday gift. I tried the shawl I'm working on, on my one year old and at 17 rows it is the perfect size for her! I am going to make another for her and my older daughter too. :hook :hook

I have to say that this is a very badly written pattern. Many of the rows have the wrong number of stitches for the next row. I'm having to count out the stitches of each row before I crochet it to see if it works or not. I've had to redo several rows and it isn't easy to frog Jiffy. :(

I have to say that this is a very badly written pattern. Many of the rows have the wrong number of stitches for the next row. I'm having to count out the stitches of each row before I crochet it to see if it works or not. I've had to redo several rows and it isn't easy to frog Jiffy. :(

I did notice that to. I actually had to cut my yarn to get it unraveled once. You could contact Lion Brand and ask them about the pattern. I found if I count as I do the row the rows end up right. Good luck! :)

WOW...this does work up pretty fast. I am almost done! I just used some yarn that was hanging around here that my SIL gave me awhile back. I may finish tonight, if not, tomorrow. I'll take pics ASAP :D

oh man!

I started this thinking I had enough yarn, got down to having two rows left, put my last ball of yarn on and realized it was not "exactly" the same as the rest of the shawl :( and the worst part is...........it is yarn that was gifted to me, and had no labels so I have no idea what kind of yarn it is or the color. :angry

SO.........I guess I will start over with different yarn. This time I will put all of the yarn together before I start LOL.

At least I know what I'm working on over the weekend :blush

oh man!

I started this thinking I had enough yarn, got down to having two rows left, put my last ball of yarn on and realized it was not "exactly" the same as the rest of the shawl :( and the worst part is...........it is yarn that was gifted to me, and had no labels so I have no idea what kind of yarn it is or the color. :angry

SO.........I guess I will start over with different yarn. This time I will put all of the yarn together before I start LOL.

At least I know what I'm working on over the weekend :blush

Oh no! :( Good luck with your second time around. :hug

I got started this morning and this works up pretty quick - but the pattern and mistakes - oy :P Here is my progress so far:

(Clickable)

th_DSC06499.jpg

I've done 13 rows and frogged several and had to redo to get the numbers right. Did anyone else get this to work using 9 dc in the first row so that you got 13 in the next?? I ended up doing ch 8 and then it was ok.. So far :devil I might just manage to get this finished this afternoon :clap

I bought Lion Brand WoolEase at Joann's yesterday. It was on sale for $1.99 a skein. I'll be starting the shawl today.

Does anyone have any tips on the avoiding the mistakes in the pattern?

Thanks!

Kim

Archived