My DDs bookbag

LittleJadeFrog

I had it in mind to do a Hello Kitty back pack for my daughter for 1st grade that I found while searching for bookbags to make. I did not realize that a backpack and bookbag are 2 different things. :( Anyway I found a really cute pattern..can't remember where right now but it had no finished size. MAN! That drives me NUTS! :thair The pattern called for an F needle and sport weight yarn, so I used G and WW. The bottom 5 rnds turned into 13...and so on you get the idea. Well I wasn't happy at all with any of it and turns out she didn't want Hello Kitty after all!

So this is what I came up with...(that is a 10 gallon fish :goldfish tank in the back to give you an idea of the size)

th_P1000094.jpg

th_P1000093.jpg

th_P1000092.jpg

th_P1000091.jpg

LOL - I've been threatening my 9th grader (first year in High School!) that I would make her backpack. I think I'll have to show her your pictures!

Seriously - it's really great! Does she like it? I hope she does!

I was threatening my son with the same thing! :devil He's in the 4th grade. :D LOL! He wouldn't even kiss me this morning!

She couldn't wait to fill it up with school supplies. Her teacher loved it. When I thanked her for the compliment she asked if it was homemade. My daughter beamed and said "My mommy made it!" MAN that feels so good! :c9

Thank you all for your kind compliments! I still have to put a lining in it to make it last alittle longer but I ran out of time (I keep putting it off :blush )

Archived