Larger Than Life Bag

YarnThing

I used Ella Rae Classic yarn for the whole bag. It only took partial skeins of the light gray, electric blue and the variegated but it took two WHOLE skeins of the darker gray!

I loved working with this yarn. I had never used it for a project that I wasn't felting but it turned out really nice! Not to mention, it is cost effective as it is about the same price as Patons Classic Wool and it has more colors to choose from!

You all are so kind to say such wonderful things about my bag!

John (the model) wants me to say thank too :-)

It is very pretty. I read your blog and saw you were wondering about what colors to chose for the next one. I too made one of these and posted it here a while back. I used bright colors for mine and love love love them in it. So you can do a search for posts started by me and it will be there. :)

I thought I would let you all know why I chose those colors...I was told and noticed in the recent Vogue Knitting that blue and gray are THE colors of the season.

So, thought I had a chance to be fashionable and used those colors to make the bag :-)

Wonderful bag! You did a great job!

Okay, I think I missed it in your blog:blush what did you use for the straps? was it fabric? It looked like they were attached to the fabric before you lined the crochet part.

Thanks for all the info on this.

Debbi

I used 2 inch nylon cord (2 yards cut in half). I did attach them to the lining before I joined it to the crochet portion of the bag.

I am not a big fan on fabric straps and that is what the pattern called for...so I changed it up :-)

The Nylon was NOT hard to work with at all!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived