I'm Falling For You .......................

JulieKay

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heather

That is going to look great..cant wait to see it bigger!!

Diane

Its so pretty there...and im glad you had fun!!

Here is my photos for Friday...sorry they are late...been a busy and LONGGGGG day.

They are clickable!!

Didn't even realize that i had missed a few seams till the photo.Enyway this is 6 rows and i have enough done for another 2.

th_Picture011.jpg

My ATW....i am really in love with this pattern(thanks Julie B)Would like to make one out of Caron Brights for my Gracie baby when this one is done.

th_Picture003-1.jpg

Shaylen, you have no idea how weird it was to scroll down and see 'my' blankie... at first, I was thinking that it ws an old photo, but I didn't recognize it. Then I looked and saw your name! That is SO cool!

I'm hooking my fingers to the bone trying to get this behemoth done by next weekend. Here's to hopin'! I love your pumpkins, too, but there is no way I could get that done this fall. I just love seeing how it is turning out!

Shaylen ~ I love those quilts! I love the fall one with that shading on the pumpkins!

I made my ATW in caron Brites. I almost like the earth tones better but I'm not doing another one of those. :no:lol

Thanks Ladies :manyheart

Im having the most fun doing the ATW,i make squares during the day then at night i pop in my CSI,Supernatural or Numb3rs dvds and sew the squares together...i am finding it really relaxing.My DH just feel in love with Julie B ATW and the colors she used so thats the story there....im staying pretty close to hers.

Heather

Did it go together easy??I would really love to make one in the brites but haven't used it to much.

Julie B

Cant wait to see how you finish it...i love the way you are doing it.Thanks for letting me copy you.

Shaylen, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to finish it. I know I want to edge it with the verigated, but I'm not sure which edging pattern would be the best. I love shell edging with grannies, but I'm unsure of the scale. A row of sc followed by dc shells would be simple, but I'm afraid it would get lost in the size and pattern of this baby.

Hey, you designer types, any suggestions? Help!

Shay -both your projects are REALLY pretty ! Nice job .

Julie- wish I had some suggestions for the edging, but i'm definitely not one of the designing types. I would think maybe just a plain border of some kind-- I think anything too "busy" would take away from the looks of the afghan ,so I'd go with just sc's or reverse sc... something like that, but like I said, I'm not good at the designing part --

Julie B - when I want a simple and classy edging I seem to always revert to the crab stitch. It looks great whether it's a potholder you're edging or a ghan! I would sc or hdc first, then use the crab st.

I'm hooking my fingers to the bone trying to get this behemoth done by next weekend. Here's to hopin'! I love your pumpkins, too, but there is no way I could get that done this fall. I just love seeing how it is turning out!

Wow! You are doing great, Julie B...can't wait to see the next picture! :hook

Shaylen~ I like the caron SS and Brites. I thought it was easy to work with, as far as going together it was a pain but not real hard. I used the sc method so I could use one continuous thread.

Heather, I've wondered about making the squares with Caron SS; I think Tabby made Cara's Baby Gingham with it. :think Is it hard to weave in ends? I thought it might be hard to whipstitch and keep it pulled "snug" enough.

Archived