^^^^Smoke Signals ^^^^^^^

JulieKay

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cole, real nice work, there pardner . I like that there saddle bag ,purdy colors. If'n yer a GUY, I'd be careful walking into the Deadwood Saloon with it, cause ya mite hafta fight a little when them other fellers see ya carryin a PINK saddle bag.

If yer a lady, then it's right nice .

Why Cole you sure have bin busy :yes All yer goodies look mighty nice. Tell me, how are those rugs working out? I sure would like ta make me a rug in this pattern for the front parlor :yes

I used a bulky acrylic yarn that give it the right "thickness" that I wanted, but the corners seem to curl up a little bit. If I was to use these on a wooden or other slippery floor I think I would sew them to some of that foamy type shelf liner to keep them from moving about and maybe help out with the curling.

Cole, real nice work, there pardner . I like that there saddle bag ,purdy colors. If'n yer a GUY, I'd be careful walking into the Deadwood Saloon with it, cause ya mite hafta fight a little when them other fellers see ya carryin a PINK saddle bag.

If yer a lady, then it's right nice .

:laughroll:rofl:laughroll:rofl

Cole- I dun herd thers some stuff at the W store that is little toobs of paint and if'n you make some fancy zigzags all over the backs of them thair rugs, they mite stay in place better and settle down like ther sposed to .

If'n ya need sum kinfolk to come walk on them a lot, I got sum ya kin borrow. No hurry givin em back .

Cole- I dun herd thers some stuff at the W store that is little toobs of paint and if'n you make some fancy zigzags all over the backs of them thair rugs, they mite stay in place better and settle down like ther sposed to .

If'n ya need sum kinfolk to come walk on them a lot, I got sum ya kin borrow. No hurry givin em back .

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Ooh! I just found my new saddle blanket in Annie's pattern of the day (POD) today's pattern "Pueblo Afghan" 9/18/07. I'll have to hunt up some yarn for it this weekend.

Well, I really liked the looks o' that there blanket, so I tried it last night. I still really like the looks of it, but I think I'll just have t' admire the picture, cause that there pattern aint fer me, sorry to say. Hope some o' y'all have better luck with it than me.

Well, I really liked the looks o' that there blanket, so I tried it last night. I still really like the looks of it, but I think I'll just have t' admire the picture, cause that there pattern aint fer me, sorry to say. Hope some o' y'all have better luck with it than me.

Is it too difficult or confusing? What did you find? I haven't had time to try it yet I liked that it has varied stitches.

It's really not difficult, but there's a lot of post stitches where you're working around the posts of sc's - which I don't really enjoy - plus, for me it was hard to keep track of which stitch was which, because you're working around a sc on one row below, then two rows below, then three etc. I know I'm not explaining it well, but I could tell right away (once I got to row 7) that I would never make it through a whole afghan. I don't mean to discourage anyone else, though. You might love the pattern - it just wasn't for me - and I'm bummed about it.

Slim- sorry to hear you can't git the hang of the pattern. It kinda sounds like you were trying to go into the stitches the wrong way. Maybe I just aint getting what yer a'sayin, but you don't go around any sc posts .

On the sc's , you just sc into the back loops of them . Then when you start the dc rows, you don't go around the posts of them either, you go into the FRONT loops of the sc's in the row right below the row you just did ( and skip the sc directly behind that .

If'n you alreddy dun did it tha way I'm a 'sayin, sorry fer the repeet, but it sounds like mebbe yer a makin it harder 'n it is .

Bill I thank ol' Slim's talkin' bout the AA patturn o' the day from a coupla days ago. :yes Has a messa FPCs in it and a purty nit picky pattern to it too. I was a considerin' that one fer my sis' Turkey day gift (yep we do Turkey Day gifts...it's jist easier that way) but then I read than durned ol' thang and said to myself, "Lawd I just don't have the patience" :lol

That's OK Wild Bill - I 'preciate the helpful offer. I think that new pattern I done tried would be a whole lot easier if'n you DID work all the sc rows in the back loops only like on the Navajo - then you wouldn't have ta try ta work around any sc posts - they really don't even have posts, the way I look at it - but there's still the problem of trying to make sure you're not skipping the wrong stitch - ah well, it's hard t' explain - but I know I aint gonna be makin' that one.

Hey Doc how's your scrap saddle blanket comin' long? I've been wonderin'...

Mine's slow but sure... Remember the only time I's been able to work at it at's the OK Kiddie Corral...

Little Britches

:yes I'm gonna have to try this one.My sister made a NavajoBlanket and pillows to match and they were soooooooooo pretty. As soo as I can figure out how to attach photos, I'll show you what I've been up to.

Hi y'awl. Okay, that's it. That is all the Old West language I can handle. :devil I have been moving into making some shrugs and am thinking I want to tackle the jacket version of this. There is a Moonlight Madness sale at AC Moore at the begining of Oct. and I'm thinking of buying the yarn then.

Now the question is how do you determine what size to make. The directions are very vague. I'm thinking the size 10 will be too big. :think Does anyone have any ideas or advice for me?

Archived