^^^^Smoke Signals ^^^^^^^

JulieKay

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laura

You must have either miscounted the starting chain, or miscounted while doing your SET row ( I know that's not the proper term but it's what I call it )

Go back and count --make sure there are 19 sc's between each dc -- and 2 sc's on each end --

Also make sure that you skipped the sc behind each dc-- that will also cause a problem if you don't do that .

I just counted the stitches on row 5, I'm making the large one. I have 285 stitches. The first time I made sure I did the 2 sc and 1 dc, at the beginning, and I sc 19 and dc 1, I skipped the stitch behind the dc, and worked the 19 sc and 1 dc across. I came out with 4 extra stitches, I did it again and came out with 3 extra stitches. Then I worked it again adding the 2 sc and 1 dc, I came out with no extra stitches. Do I have too many stitches?

Wow, Laura

I don't know what the problem would be if it comes out different each time. Maybe Cara has a good idea-- can you fudge it a little ? Once you get that row down properly, it's simple to keep it in line after that .

Yeah, I'm going to take Cara's idea and fudge it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks Sitting Bull, but now I feel like a complete idiot. You're not going to believe what I did. I was putting 2 sc in the first stitch and dc in the next stitch, then I was doing the 19 sc and 1 dc across and trying to put 2 sc in the last stitch. That's why I had stitches left over. I figured it out when I went to do row 7, and now I'm fixing row 6.:oops:sweat

• 2 weeks later...

Doc, are ya jes workin' any color in any row or is thar a method to yer madness? :think Jes ta wonderin.... Seeins how I'd like ta try one of them myself. :yes

The colors sound nice and it will be nice and warm for winter.

Here's my progress so far.

navajo09-28.jpg

:blush Oops. I done just saw this one. So's yer going to repeat the colors you got there, then, eh? :hook Don't mind me, I jes need some more a' that cowboy coffee down my gullet, and I'll be fine... :coffee

I'm just going to repeat the colors. I'll probably go till I start running out of one of the colors. Not really sure yet. Although I think it would make a good sized lapghan. It's about the same length as Maddie (the 6 year olds) height.

Archived