My Thriftstore Finds!

birdlady1

I love Mile High Thrift in Denver! I have to restrain myself from visiting everyday. Thursday seems to be the best day; there's stuff from floor to ceiling and a couple of colored tags are discounted up to 50%.

Here's what I got this past Thursday for a whopping $20.09 including tax! There are 21 skeins of that yarn that is 57% mohair/43% acrylic -- all in the same dye lot. (All the yarn was $4.95 ... can you believe it?). The hardback crochet books were $2.95 each; one was $1.95. The MAM booklet was $1 and the brand new Stephen King book was $1.95. Amazing! I can't stop smiling.:D

000_0503.jpg

000_0504.jpg

I love to hear stories about the goodies from the thrift stores :yes I find real bargains too, like last month I found 5 bags with 5 skeins of Lion Brand Wool Ease in them, all of the same color scheme, a couple bags were deep blue and a couple of the others were deep forest green. They were $2.99 per bag, what a deal.

Oh I'm so jealous. What a find! I'm always looking for cool recycled buttons or handles I can use but normally I never find them. Lucky you...

It's too bad you don't live near Mile High Thrift because they ALWAYS have bags of old buttons. They also have a ton of purses with handles that would be great for crocheted projects. Unfortunately I'm not into that type of project right now.

Wow, you really hit the jackpot! I looooove thrift stores. It's so fun to discover hidden treasures there, and I'm a tireless bargain-hunter. Enjoy!

don't ya just love thrift stores:cheer I always look for yarn. I even have my dsis who doesn't crochet or knit looking for me . She found some the other day a whole bag but alas:( it was wool, I'm allergic. Enjoy your yarn:c9

Birdlady, I'm in Denver right now! Where is this thrift store? We'll be here for four more days and I'd love to see if I can score a nice deal like you did!

Birdlady, I'm in Denver right now! Where is this thrift store? We'll be here for four more days and I'd love to see if I can score a nice deal like you did!

It's on Sheridan Boulevard and Evans. That's just southwest of downtown Denver ... about 10 miles. It's called Mile High Thrift and there's a big red sign on the street so you can't really miss it. It's cash only!

When you walk in, books are to the left, all the way to the end.

When you walk in, yarn is straight ahead, almost to the back of the store. There will be a tin container on top of the row next to the yarn that has knitting needles and (sometimes) crochet hooks.

AT the very back of the store, near the bathroom, are other craft supplies and you'll often find crochet thread, buttons, etc.

I always score at this store, though Mondays are not as good as the rest of the week. I prefer Thursdays as the store seems to be packed from floor to ceiling. Wednesdays are senior days (55 or older) but the store is packed with shoppers. There are always at least two colored tags on sale everyday.

Leave some for me (just kidding as they're always restocking)! Good luck and let us know!!!

Wow that was a great find! I love thrift stores, yard sales, etc! I haven't made too many good finds lately, other than an old flower loom at a yard sale. I have the new one, but it's cool to have the old fashioned one! Michelle

Hello! You sure made out at your thrift store there - CONGRATS!!! :clap

I like to do the same thing and have found yarn, books, and other crafting supplies at ours! I think the best day I had was when I went to one store and got over $60.00 worth of Homespun yarn for just over $4.00! I've made some nice and soft hats and shawls from that yarn and still have some left in my stash for future items!

Keep going back to that store - - you DEFINITELY found a GOOD one! ;)

Archived