August 2007 Table

Tampa Doll

When I think of August, I think of the last weeks before school started. The last bit of summer to have fun and frolic in the pool, at the beach or on the corner with friends (grew up in the city).

Picnics with bees a buzzing, flowers giving their last hurrah, baseball, and long hot, hazy and humid days.

I tried to show this on my table. No holiday in August, sort of makes it hard to have a theme table. You see a bee hive, with a fly, a lady bug and a bee. You see 2 flower pots and babies dressed as flowers. The girls are dressed as Southern Belles for an afternoon picnic.

Notice the Sock Monkey family? They are out for an afternoon of baseball and flower picking. Mom even brought her crocheting with her and Dad is enjoying his cigar. There is always one that must act like the monkey he is. You can see him on the lamp.

The Angel is on the table, because my Mom and John’s Mom had birthdays this month and that is our tribute to them.

So enjoy the table and enjoy the month of August.

(All images clickable)th_zmAugust2007Table.gif th_sl3August2007Table.gif th_3August2007Table.gif

:blush Oh I didn’t mean to forget the beautiful variegated red doily. It was sent to me as a RAOK. It really adds to the table.

Oh, I think this is my favorite table of all. Well, maybe the July one was, or the June or May or........

Another beautiful table.

Oh, I love your table area. Your crochet is beautiful. I am a newbie and have missed your previous tables. I believe we are kindred spirits as I love to decorate my foyer for holidays/seasons. I even have a 5 1/2 foot alpine Christmas tree (you know the ones that are tall and skinny) in my entryway that I decorate with ornaments. I will soon put out my back-to-school items and displays. You sock monkeys are a hoot!!!

I have been asked this question several times, and I finally got some pictures of most of my storage area. Yes, one room has 3 shelves, on room has 1 shelf. The computer room has some in it and of course the Christmas things are in under the bed plastic storage bins. They are basicly under my bed in the Master bedroom.

th_Storage2.gif(clickabel) th_Storage.gif

First there are only 2 of us here, Me and Tampa Guy. We have 4 bedrooms, one is for the computer, one is our bedroom and well the rest are craft. I have shelves all over the place to put things till it is their time to come out for the table. I also have under the bed containers for the Christmas things. To hot and humid to use the garage or crawl space for storage. (Dang). It wouldn't be so bad, if the DH didn't claim everything before I finish. lol

There is always some on display in the dinning room and my baby dolls are on a bench in the kitchen. You always see them in the background of the pictures.

So glad you like the tables, they are so much fun to put together. Believe it or not, I am working on something new for the October table.:hook

Archived