My "Green", "save the environment" bag

mason204

Hi everyone:

I saw Riohnna's Lion Brand Easy Crochet bag and was inspired to make one of my own. Much to my surprise, I love the size of this bag - not too big, not too small and it fits so nicely over the shoulder. I can now take this to my local supermarket to put all my groceries in and reduce the amount of plastic bags I use. Not to mention it's the perfect size for carry around crochet projects - I'm heading to the hospital for chemo on Thursday and this is the perfect size to bring my latest project in. :c9

The particulars:

Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (4 - 50g balls - 2 variegated, 2 solid) with some leftover - boy that yarn goes a long way....

Hook: G - 4.5mm

Pattern: Lion Brand Easy Crochet bag

Time: It took me about 2 days of easy off and on crocheting. I probably could have had this done in a few hours except I didn't read the directions too closely.

Notes: For some reason, for part of the bag you dc between spaces and for other parts of the bag you dc in dc from previous row. I wasn't paying too close attention to the directions so I had to frog it several times. I wish they'd mark this somewhere more obvious on the pattern. :angry

th_crochetbag.jpg

[click to see closeup]

I'm thinking of making more...these would make great gifts. :manyheart

Cheryl. :hook

i made a bag similar to this and i love it! it holds everything ^_^

i like the color that you used! since i made mine i've had to make a few more for people... guess they do make good gifts

I love your bag! Are you just getting started on chemo? I'm sending good wishes that all goes well. My DH just finished 40 radiation treatments. Saw lots of folks at the oncology place having chemo too. Thank goodness for modern medical advances! Like you, I take a crochet project almost everywhere.

Archived