Independence Day Earrings

Sue89

I haven't crocheted with thread in years, but when I wanted to whip up a quick 4th of July accessory last night I came across this pattern for star-shaped earring jackets: http://www.crochetmemories.com/archive/july4.html

th_Starearrings.jpg

th_Starearrings2.jpg

Yeah, I know they're not hugely impressive as far as projects go, but they work up super-quick if you need something patriotic on the spur of the moment. You just stick your favorite stud earrings through the center before putting them on. Since they have a star flower look, I can also wear them after Independence Day is over.

Very cool! I think they're cute. I'm sure you can wear them any time or make another set that are more rounded to make actual 'flowers'. Great little project.

How cute!! :) I don't have anything real "patriotic" to wear today, sooooo maybe I'll just whip up some of those earring jackets!! Thanx for sharing!!

They look very festive for the 4th of July! Thanks for the pattern link. My son (4 yrs old) wants me to crochet him some stars for his new space-themed bedroom. This pattern would work perfectly!

Very cute! They would also be nice in Christmas red, then they would look like Poinsettias! Thanks for a wonderful idea!:) :) :)

sometimes it's these quick finish projects that look great which are so much more rewarding. just don't lose them! i would, they're so small lol

Archived