Laugh with me...HALF DOILY

jmccrochet

While looking for dishcloths to make for housewarming gifts I came across this pattern and decided it would be one I made for one of my friends.

Well folks, I noticed something was amiss and decided to keep going and THIS

IM001258.jpg is what it became. I looked at it and thought, "eh, I'll keep it an use it my kitchen." However, it has since become somewhat of a half doily for a sofa table on which I have all my family photos.

It cracks me up and I thought it might some of you too :lol

Joyce

it's very pretty and i think it looks just fine on the table. just cos it was intended as a dishcloth doesn't mean it has to be :D

I looked at yours before I looked at the pattern. I thought, Oh, that's a nice shawl. How big is it? I have been looking for a comfortable shawl pattern and that looks like it might do. Don't you love it when a boo-boo turns into something good?

Glenda

It's not very big. I would imagine you could just keep going with the pattern and make it larger, but I don't know what my mistake was to get to NOT look like the pattern pic. Right now it's about the size of a babydoll shawl. Good luck if you try

Joyce

Okay, had to try to make a small shoulder shawl from the fan dishcloth pattern. I only planned on doing a little to see how it looked, but liked it so much. See what you think. And while you are at it, I put in a picture of a few of what I call spinners.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ambergj/album/576460762366409167

I should have been working on the things we will sell next week at Moody Air Force Base Exchange, but - no - I made something for myself. However, I will probably be using it, since most stores are so cold. Sure could have used it at Wal-Mart yeserday.

Glenda

Okay, had to try to make a small shoulder shawl from the fan dishcloth pattern. I only planned on doing a little to see how it looked, but liked it so much. See what you think. And while you are at it, I put in a picture of a few of what I call spinners.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ambergj/album/576460762366409167

I should have been working on the things we will sell next week at Moody Air Force Base Exchange, but - no - I made something for myself. However, I will probably be using it, since most stores are so cold. Sure could have used it at Wal-Mart yeserday.

Glenda

I went and looked and I'm so excited for you! Way to go. It looks great :clap

Joyce

Thanks, Joyce. I wore my shoulder shawl to a restaurant today, and was so glad I had it. Funny how things work out. The spinners were originally a potholder pattern. I changed the yarn to Luster Sheen and crocheted two together around old cd's then strung them on fishing line. Have them hanging from the canopy outside our camper.

Glenda

Archived