Odds and Ends I want to show off...

eurolyons

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BZuHDlwyaqIkY

I hope this work...please let me know if the link doesn't work...

47b7d825b3127cce985484d7741a00000028108BZuHDlwyao

Katchkan's doily without the extra flowers. This lives on my coffee table.

47b7d825b3127cce985484d4f52900000020108BZuHDlwyaoTiskat a Tasket hat...

47b7d825b3127cce985484d5741800000027108BZuHDlwyao

This is a ruffled collar that is from the book Old Time Crochet Made Easy book. I made mine half the width called for in the book and on the edge I added sc's and picots to finish it off.

47b7d825b3127cce985484d2f52f00000027108BZuHDlwyao

I saved an old dress from the rag bag by crocheting up an edging (also from Old Time Crochet Made Easy.)

47b7d825b3127cce985484d3741e00000027108BZuHDlwyao

Two more edgings to be used on a couple more projects...the black is called Royal Crown (which is gonna go on an very old tee shirt that has a killer crown on the front. The shirt was from the 1990 Shakespear Festival from Ashland, Oregon) and the blue is called Butterfly. Both edgings are in the Old Time Crochet Made Easy book.

Let's see if I can do a bigger pic of the hat:

47b7d825b3127cce985484d4f52900000027108BZuHDlwyao

There we go. Tiskat a Tasket hat. Originally from 1939. You can acquire this pattern from www.freepatterns.com. I am making a second hat in #20 ecru (the pattern orginally calls for #30...but this blue hat I did in #10 and made adjustments as necessary. This hat is just waiting for milliary wire which I have on order. I hope you enjoyed my little collection today.

Your work is amazing. That doily on your coffee table is so pretty and I am impressed with what you have done with trims and edgings for clothing. (I dressmake so the idea of making crocheted edgings myself really appeals to me) the hat is wonderful. What a selection!:)

Your work is amazing. That doily on your coffee table is so pretty and I am impressed with what you have done with trims and edgings for clothing. (I dressmake so the idea of making crocheted edgings myself really appeals to me) the hat is wonderful. What a selection!:)

You're a dressmaker? Way cool. I sew, I made my wedding gown...and I do alot of sewing when I'm in the states (it just works out that way...) Years ago I took a french heirloom sewing course which the best thing that came out of taking that course was learning not to be intimated by working with any kind of lace, not just the really fine and expensive french laces...

I love crocheting edgings and insertations and using them on things...I even did that for the slip of my wedding dress (back when I really didn't know what I was doing...)

Thank you...

WOW! That hat is amazing! Actually, everything is amazing, there is just no end to your talents!!!

I love you! Thanks...glad you like...

Thank you, thank you...yeah that doily is awesome, but Ijust feel like I can't take credit for it as it's Katchkan's design (well I guess I can take credit for craftsmanship...or would that be "crochetmanship?") Anyway thank you!

Hi there...thank you, thank you...I'm so glad everyone likes everything. I crochet fairly loose no matter whether I crochet with thread or yarn, although I must say, my tension's just a tad tighter with thread...not sure why that is...

Archived