My Seraphina

LEaD

A few years ago EVERYONE seemed to be making a Seraphina shawl, so I started one, too. I finally finished mine a couple of weeks ago :clap I'm not the fastest hooker around.

Anyhoo, here's a pic:

th_P5190001.jpg

As you can see, I used a different dye lot toward the end. I guess it adds some interest. :lol For anyone making this one I would suggest using a large hook. I used Wool-Ease and a size H hook and the larger the shawl got, the more tedious it felt (which explains why I put it down for so long.)

sara

The shawl looks very pretty. And, I agree, it looks like you edged the shawl in the different dye lot color. Very nice. I've been wanting to make myself one. Did you have any problems following the pattern? I've heard that the pattern can be confusing.

The shawl looks very pretty. And, I agree, it looks like you edged the shawl in the different dye lot color. Very nice. I've been wanting to make myself one. Did you have any problems following the pattern? I've heard that the pattern can be confusing.

I started the shawl a loooong time ago, but I do seem to remember setting aside the two dye-lot oddballs to save for last (thinking I might not need them. God truly does watch out for fools and crazy people.) Starting the pattern can be a little scary, but the website has GREAT pictures and once you get started it is sooooooooo easy. :yes

sara

Lovely Seraphina and I really like the darker edge, sara! My first one had a different dye lot in the middle — only slightly different — and I frogged back a whole skein of Simply Soft and started with another. :eek

It's a lovely piece of work, and the edging DOES look like it was planned that way!

I've had a shawl project on the hook for a year now ... The pattern was so tempting (pretty but simple) but the going gets so tedious after a while.

Where does the Seraphina pattern come from? (Uh-oh ... I think I'm tempted again ... )

• 1 month later...

Archived