Liesure Arts goes digital

Hmm, I honestly think they'll have to come down on their prices a bit if they want to actually make a real go of this.

I'm just not going to pay $2.99 for ione out of print pattern that I can probably get on ebay for much less, or get the whole pattern book for a better deal.

As much as Annie's Attic has a Wal-mart like stranglehold on the crochet pattern world, at least e-patternscentral.com is affordable.

I don't feel ripped off when I pay $.99 for a pattern there, when I know it's probably the only one in the book that I'd make.

But $2.99 for one old pattern? Nah.

I just checked it out, and it looks like a lot of their $2.99 patterns are a pattern set. The most expensive patterns are their Disney blankets (at least for crochet), and I'm guessing that's probably because of licensing details. Not crochet, but I do kind of like their doll furniture done in plastic canvas.

i hope they put out more. I don't think $3 is a whole lot if it's a pattern you really, really want. That indian blanket pattern went for $40 plus.

thanx for the link, Daski!

I don't shop e-bay so for me this is great. I was wondering when they were going to do this.

Now I do buy from e-pattern central, but I have found, even at 99 cents a pattern, it can cost more if you buy all that is in the book.

Thanks Darski for the link. I am going to keep an eye on this one.:hook

Ooh, I really like the knit pillow patterns. And the PK doily. I don't think the prices are bad. Check out the patterns for sale on etsy, for example. I think $5 for 1 pattern is bit much for me, but then again, if it were something I really wanted... Remember when some villagers were looking for the Cathedral Window pattern and the prices that book was fetching on ebay? Thanks for letting us know, darski, I'm bookmarking that to see what else they add.

Patty

They are offering the rainbow baby blanket that a lot of people were looking for. Of course, I JUST got the pattern booklet from ebay for 8.95.:P I would have gladly paid 2.99 for just the afghan pattern.:yes

Thankyou Darski for posting this. I've been looking around the house for a long time for my pattern of the Rainbow Set. Now I have it again. That is the pattern (the whole set) that I made for bringing my last child home from the hospital 25 years ago. I still have the blanket and booties. Now I'm going to do the set for a granddaughter that is due the end of August.

Thankyou Darski for posting this. I've been looking around the house for a long time for my pattern of the Rainbow Set. Now I have it again. That is the pattern (the whole set) that I made for bringing my last child home from the hospital 25 years ago. I still have the blanket and booties. Now I'm going to do the set for a granddaughter that is due the end of August.

that is so wonderful. God has purposes for stuff that we do that doesn't seem like much at the time. :hug

I sent them a quick email saying I like their site and hope to see more in the future and they quickly responded:

"We are glad that you have enjoyed visiting our site. We will be

adding new downloads monthly so please visit us again."

I'll keep checking in with them when I'm in my surfing mood.

~Lynne~

Archived