My newest project-Double Diagonal Chain

Chatty

This is the afghan I'm currently working on. It's called Double Diagonal Chain and I made one in country blue and 2 shades of pink. Now I'm making one in much brighter colors and a lady in our church wants it sight unseen as of yet. I guess I'll give it to her, she's so thrilled with the blooming rose afghan I made for her that I just can't say no :)

Anyway, here's a thumbnail, you can click it if you want to see the big picture:

ddc18dd.th.jpg

Thanks everyone, no it really isn't all that tedious, it's actually very easy and works up pretty fast. I've been working on it less than a week and am more than halfway across the bottom.

I don't think it's posted anywhere that I know of, the booklet is Red Heart Amish Quilts to Crochet book 342

I really like this particular pattern.

Wowzers! That's neat modeling it after a quilt. All the ends to sew in would drive me nuts though. (I let a big granny afghan sit for almost 2 years because I didn't want to sew the ends in! Lol.)

Thanks Pickles, I have made a little progress :)

Thanks everyone, I like the colors too.

cinfulkarmah, I'll work in most of the ends as I go along, that helps a lot. The ends on the bottom and up the right side will get worked in when I do the border.

Wow! I cannot believe that is actually an afghan! I had to do a double take when I saw the picture, I thought it was an actual quilt! Keep up the beautiful work!

Wow! I cannot believe that is actually an afghan! I had to do a double take when I saw the picture, I thought it was an actual quilt! Keep up the beautiful work!

Thanks, I really like this pattern a lot cause it's so easy to do.

This is the one I made before, just imagine it with the brighter colors ;)

dd1va.th.jpg

Archived