My newest project-Double Diagonal Chain

Chatty

Thank you ladies :)

The one I finished I used a K hook, the pattern called for a G hook. When I was finished the afghan fit our queen size bed.

The bright one I'm making I'm using an I hook.

I absolutely love this afghan. I have searched online for the stitch, someone selling the pattern, the bookstore and the local library (online), I'll have to walk down to the library and check out their books. Is this pattern in a leaflet or a book? Thanks for showing us the second picture. - Lucy

Thanks, ladies :)

The stitch is very simple and in Red Heart Amish Quilts to Crochet Book 342. I've had it quite a few years so I don't know if it's still in any stores. It may be possible to find it online, you can find just about anything online if you look hard enough.

Love it!!! No, no...I won't go looking for the pattern....I have 5 afghans going right now.....I will have the strength to resist...I will! I will! :eek

Thank you ladies :)

You'd be surprised how easy and fast it works up. There were several other afghans in the book that I've never tried, I might try one of the others when I get some other projects out of the way.

:frog

cinfulkarmah, I'll work in most of the ends as I go along, that helps a lot. The ends on the bottom and up the right side will get worked in when I do the border.

I should have done that as I was going along, but duh me, I never did. I have learned my lesson though, and plan on doing so the next time I make a pieced project. ;)

Those are really pretty blankets...I liked it so much I went and looked for that book on ebay, didn't find it, and posted a Want It Now for it...:D I don't really make blankets (no patience) but my mom does and I know she'll like something new to make...:)

Archived