These are sort of growing on me

...http://www.crochetme.com/Aug_Sept_2005/patt_jute_basket.html

Has anyone tried them? When I first saw them I thought no way... but I keep being drawn back to them... now I have all sorts of little ideas running around in my head for them....

Now to find some jute@

I need to add the designer is our own Yarntomato!!

I'm thinking they are....I am almost tempted to drive the half hour to Walmart to look for jute ( I live in the middle of nowhere...I'm sort of getting excited about trying it

These grew on me too. I bought the jute and a pair of bamboo purse handles to make a beach tote. I just need to get it started!

It's interesting to say the least, but I'm not sure it's growing on me yet! If I try baskets, I want to felt one. I wonder how adding beads would affect the beading.....

I think it is lovely. I really like the rustic look. The basket reminds me of that macrame jute we used in the 80s, or was it the 70s???

I think it is lovely. I really like the rustic look. The basket reminds me of that macrame jute we used in the 80s, or was it the 70s???

..hmmm perhaps I am having a flashback... it was the macrame of the 70's....

I made a few of these baskets..The jute was hard on my fingers....

But they turned out nice.. My bro wanted one, he keeps it in his entry and drops his keys in it..

I agree, they look very sturdy and it takes a while to get use to them.

But remember, we are so use to colorful things when we crochet, that they just look :yuck at first, then you picture it in a special place in the house and you are hooked.

Instead of jute can't you just picture in that nylon stuff coats and clarks sells?

Just a thought.

Hey Lea, let me know how they work out.

Archived