Grumpy Bear

rsisland

I finally got around to making a grumpy Bear for my step-daughter (20). Grumpy is her fave and matches her personality on occasion ;)...the rest of the time she thinks she is a princess :princess lol. She will be getting this and some other goodies for Mother's Day.

(clickable)

th_IM000067-1.jpg

th_IM000068.jpg

For a long time he was only a head and belly....he looked very scary!! Hubby kept teasing me that he would never look right...at least I hope he was teasing!

I was even brave enough to use thread for the accent features. I don't mind thread for little things like this.

nice job, like the color. I understand what you mean about scary looking head and body, my daughter is standing next to me holding the head and body of the wish bear that I started sometime ago, but he is just a forgotten wip :blush I suppose I really need to finish him I think he could be really cute.

You did a great job on your Care Bear:yay. I know what you mean about the crochet thread!!! Almost 2 yrs. ago, I made all but two of the care bears. I think the one that was most tedious to work on was "Share Bear's Twin Lollipops", the lollipops almost did me in:eek , but I endured. Once you get them finished, they're really nice. I entered the, "Wish Bear's Shooting Star" bear. I got a 1st place ribbon:yes . I was so excited:yes because I had never entered before:no . Oh, I did a little fudging on some of the hearts and stars. I never knew what "Frog" meant, but I sure did do a lot of it with these bears:eek :eek :eek . Again, your bear looks really awesome:cheer!!

How precious!! I love the care bears. I have ordered a book of care bear patterns --- I'm excited to get it! I think you did such great job!

You did great. I made one of those! I also made Funshine bear, and Good luck bear. My hubby said they looked like a peanut when it was just the head and body. I also used the body pattern for regular bears.

You can see the pic of my grumpy bear as my avatar. My hubby says, sometime that is me. I think he's right. :(

Archived