my almost finished modified fat bottom bag! i need help guys!

leesespieces

ok, so i finally made a fat bottom bag. and THEN i braved it up and came up with a new way to do handles and it worked out. but it looks so plain. i need to do something with it. the fabric that it's laying on is the fabric that it's lined with and i'd like to stick with the cupcake theme. the crocheted cupcake up in the corner was originally started to be an applique for the front of the bag, but it doesnt look right on the bag, even if i did add pink edging and a face to it. what can i do to this bag???

DSCN1253.jpg

DSCN1252.jpg this is the pic with the crocheted cupcake in the corner.

so what do you guys think i should do???

What a pretty bag!! I love it just the way it is, the only thing I can think to spruce it up is maybe crochet a flower out of the same yarn and put it in the top corner of the bag maybe?? I dunno. I think it would be cute though!!

Use some fluffy yarn or tulle that matches the fabric to make a "puff of frosting" - that would be simple, and not out of the cupcake theme.

Your bag looks really nice:yes. I like the way you changed the handle part of the bag:yes . It look's great just the way it is:yay . I like all the ideas that everyone has given you:clap I was thinking of "RoseRed's" idea, the flap and button on top. If you went with that idea, for the button, maybe you could find an ice cream button or a button that looks ice creamish:icecream :think . Anyway, your bag looks nice just the way it is:manyheart .

thanks guys, i loved all the ideas, the "sprinkles" was definitely adorable but i have no patience LOL. i think i'm going to go with a polymer clay cupcake button for a closure, andi think that'll add just enough embellishment for me. i've been practicing making polymer clay cupcakes all night because i can't find any ANYWHERE, except for one girl on etsy but she hasn't answered me about doing a custom order yet, so until then, i'm trying my hand at clay!

as soon as i'm finished, i'll try to write out a tutorial for the handles in my blog. =) the bag was made with peaches n cream double worsted weight cotton yarn in cream by the way - i LOVE it! it reminds me of buttercream, and the yarn is so thick and sturdy but soft. it's great for these bags =)

If you haven't finished it yet, I have an idea. On my sewn bags, I sew a strip of thin satin ribbon down the middle of the handle. I pretty much center the ribbon, and run a straight seam down the two sides of the ribbon. It could work on a crocheted purse too.

Your bag looks really cute. If it were me, I would add a bit of ribbon to it. (I love ribbon) Maybe in a bright pink and tie it in a bow to one side.

Archived