Comfortghan for a little girl who needs lung surgery -udate - picture in post #59

cshort

Hello everyone and thank you for all the beautiful squares:manyheart . I've started putting them together. I would like to know if there is anyone who has mailed squares that I haven't received yet.

The little girl had surgery yesterday and everything went well. She will be in the hospital for a few days and then a few weeks of recovery at home. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes:hug

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carol I sent mine to you and didn't see that you had gotten them. :( I hope they got there.

zip 42262 .......... I thought I put a note in there but maybe I didn't think right and didn't get a note in there. :( I mailed them the day that I posted I got your address and that was a week or so ago.

Carol I sent mine to you and didn't see that you had gotten them. :( I hope they got there.

zip 42262 .......... I thought I put a note in there but maybe I didn't think right and didn't get a note in there. :( I mailed them the day that I posted I got your address and that was a week or so ago.

I received them today. Thank you!!

Sorry I didn't get to help with the squares:blush . I'm very glad to hear the little girl made it through okay in surgery:yes . It would be nice if you could post a picture of the afghan when it is all put together:yes . It would be cool to see everyone's work:manyheart .

Here is a picture of the comfortghan. I plan to take it to the little girl this weekend. Thank you all for the beautiful squares.:manyheart

th_comfortghanforArianna.jpg

It turned out beautifully!:cheer :cheer The teddy bear pattern is found in the book 101 Crochet Squares by Jean Leinhauser published by the American School of Needlework, 1996. Again, it's perfect!!!:yes

It turned out beautifully!:cheer :cheer The teddy bear pattern is found in the book 101 Crochet Squares by Jean Leinhauser published by the American School of Needlework, 1996. Again, it's perfect!!!:yes

I, too, just adore that teddy bear pattern. Thanks for letting us know where it is. Guess I've gotta put that on my book list. Actually, it may be on my Amazon wish list! Hope my Secret Pal is reading!

Thanks again, Cheryl. I know the little girl will absolutely love that square!

All the squares look beautiful but I'm sure all will agree that the teddy bear, the kitty cat, the heart, the angel and the 1st one on the 3rd row (I can't tell what the center is) all stand out. I like the squares with centers. There are other ones that have center designs and one looks like it's a flower, but again, it's hard to tell in the picture.

I hope no one is offended that I singled out some of the squares because they all fit together just beautifully! It takes all kinds to make a comfortghan, right? We all do our part!

I love her name...Arianna. Such a lovely name!

Can someone tell where the pattern for the kitty is from? Perhaps the member who made it?

:manyheart:hug

Actually, I made the kitty, too :2blush . The kitty is from a fridgie pamphlet (Barnyard Animal Fridgies, Leisure Arts #865) and I just sewed it on a granny square. You could do that with a lot of fridgies. :yes I'm flattered (and extremely embarrassed) that you like the kitty and teddy bear so much. Thanks for the compliments.:manyheart

• 3 weeks later...

Archived