Round Ripple Rug

DreamsOfYarn

I was going through my yarn stash trying to organize it a little better. That is going to be a HUGE undertaking! While I was looking through my yarn, I found some yarn I forgot I had. So I decided to make a round ripple rug. My DD saw it and claimed it. Now that it is done, she asked me if I could make her another one, so I am. I decided to use the same colors for this one, but will switch the color order.

This is a 2 strander rug. I used Caron Pounder Soft Pink, Yarn Bee Soft Delight Fuchsia, and Yarn Bee Soft Delight Dark Blue. It is 22 rows and 36" point to point. I used a size J hook. It turned out so soft and so thick.

th_HillyRug1b.jpg

clickable

WOW - a J hook! that's a tight blankie!!! I usually do my double strands with an N :blush

It's a rug. That is why I used a J. For 2 strander ghans, I usually use a N or P hook.

Thank you everyone. I am working on her second one now. I will post a pic as soon as I get it done. She informed me last night that she wants more of these. Since I have a lot of Yarn Bee Soft Delights, I see a lot of rugs in my future. Since we will be moving soon, she wants lots of new rugs for our new place.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the nice words.

The pattern I use is this one http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

There is an error in row 3. It should read: rnd 3: ch 3, *skip 1 st, 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * ending with 1 dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, sl st in top of ch 3, not rnd 3: ch 3, skip 1 st, * 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * ending with 1 dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, sl st in top of ch 3.

Here is a post that has helped many people. It has lots of helpful information in it. Thank you Chrome Kitty! http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29245

Since this was posted, I have made 2 more rugs and have a monster one in the works. They work up fast and are very durable. I have one in the entryway, and it looks just like it did when I first put it down.

Archived