Thank you everyone- goal for Uganda met, drive closed!

Ro

is exciting to see all these pretty lovies being made, i heard from my friend who i sent the yarn to that she got it and will be making you some blankies ro she promised me she would make you as many as she could with the box of yarn i sent her, so when she does is sorta part of me too lol i think anyways :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Aww, it's definitely part of you too Vicki!!! :hug Thank you so much for donating supplies so she could crochet for this.

I finished my third lovie FINALLY after having to frog the whole thing because of a disaster at the very end (long story, but knots were involved!) Will put a picture up soon on the webpage. I'm starting number four this morning!!!

keep up the great work everybody, and thank you so much!!!

hugs

Ro

p.s. I heard from Mizduck and will be posting the blankies on the page shortly! :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sent 2 boxes of "blankies" yesterday! There were 11 in the boxes. Mythunderbird had sent a box of yarn to me, so I combined it with some of mine, and did them up! I have no way to post pics. Took some and will send them to mythunderbird to scan.

Thanks very much, my thunderbird, for the yarn!!!!!!!!! Grannytme

Here are some snuggies I've assembled for this project:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/salos/Uganda1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/salos/Uganda2.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/salos/Uganda3.jpg

The squares are not all mine. Some were extras from the beautiful afghans we made in Chase's memory. I don't think he would mind that some of "his" squares are going to orphans.

It sure is quick to make projects this small, isn't it! I'll mail mine when I have a box full. I'm glad there's no cut off date.

progress.gif

Those are soooo cute! I especially love the color combination of the third one. I'm sure whoever get these blankies will be thrilled and will definitely know that somebody, somewhere cares about them.

Hi everybody!

I didn't fall off the edge of the earth, I'm hanging on! *lol* Had several minor household things to deal with which added up and wore me out this week but I'm still crocheting! I'm still on blanket #4 and hope to have pictures added to the site real soon of what I've been working on.

Now I'm debating what to make for number 5. . .hmmm. . .round ripple maybe? :)

hope you've all been well!

xoxo

Ro

Saku, thanks for your kind remarks. I would love to give each of those little children a hug every night. I guess this is as close to that as I can do.

I just saw this thread today - mind if I jump in and make a blankie or two?

Oh yes, please do join in!!! The more the merrier and they definitely need all the blankies that they can get for the orphans, there are so many.

Thanks to everybody who has emailed and PM'd me, I think I'm caught up now so if you've tried to contact me and not heard back, please re-send your message.

Even if you just read here and don't post please don't be afraid to jump in and email if you want to send blankets, all are welcome to help out and we're grateful for every precious blanket!

Please do just remember that we're asking folks not to use the colors black or red on these blankets because of what they mean locally where the blankets are going (they are colors of grief) and also it's best to use acrylics/cotton etc. in case kids might be allergic to animal fibers. All the info you need is linked to my signature! Other than those small things, let your imagination go and have fun with them!

big hugs and thanks again to everybody. . .I'm off to work on blanket number four (still! I'm so slow these days it's not even funny).

xoxo

Ro

Sent 2 boxes of "blankies" yesterday! There were 11 in the boxes. Mythunderbird had sent a box of yarn to me, so I combined it with some of mine, and did them up! I have no way to post pics. Took some and will send them to mythunderbird to scan.

Thanks very much, my thunderbird, for the yarn!!!!!!!!! Grannytme

your very welcome, i am so glad that i was able to help in this way and that grannytme did such a nice job ( i know you did hehe) Ro is there anyways you can tell how many has come from the ville? i wish i had time to make one but i just am swamped right now cleaning out stuff., and have alot of things in the works, oh i wish i had the time though dang it maybe next time thans again grannytme for helping me be a part of it:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Hi ladies,

I just got home from celebrating my husband's grandma's 80th b-day in New England for the weekend. . .and sadly have to inform you guys, my websites are gone. I had to take them down suddenly- it's a long story. I apologize. It's something I have no control over.

My preemie patterns will be up on a blog if you are looking for them- will link to my siggie.

Thanks to everyone making blankies for this project. I'm finishing mine up soon and will be sending them in to Family to Family.

I am officially retired from charity crochet as of this moment.

Of course, I am still happy to provide the family to family address to send blankets to if you email me. All the info you need to make them should be contained in this thread . .I apologize to those whose pictures were hosted on my webspace. I hope you can post them here. I'm sorry I had to take the pages away.

I just want to say that it has nothing to do with anyone or anything here on the 'Ville- you guys rock out loud and I love ya'll. I hope that lots of people will still read the thread and be inspired to take up a hook for this project- it's so worthy.

hugs,

Ro

Gee RO, I think it's terrible what happened. That is a stinky thing to happen.

So sorry you took your blog down.

I have a batch I'm working on to send too.

I saw your post before you edited. :(

I'm sorry there are people who sink to such pettiness that they're willing to bring down a charity effort. (I also saw your post before you edited.) Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I will continue to donate blankets and mention your name.

:manyheart

Thanks so much, guys. My heart is heavy today. I've had my charity sites up since 2002. To see them go this way- even though I knew that by end of summer I'd have to cut them back anyway-is sad and hard to watch.

I started blanket number 5 on my trip- a round ripple :) I plan to finish it and also blanket 4 simultaneously. . .

big hugs and thanks again for your kind words!

Ro

"Ro" I sent 4 more blankies off to family to family this a.m.! This makes 15 that mythunderbird and I collaborated on. Very happy we could help with this project.

Thank you so much Grannytme. . .your contribution to this venture is truly extraordinary. . .thank you so very much! Fifteen children will have comfort, and maybe feel a tiny bit less alone in this big world, thanks to the love that you and mythunderbird have shown. . .

I get teary eyed just thinking about it. Everyone who has made a blanket for this is truly an inspiration to me at a time when I surely can use it.

Thank you.

hugs

Ro

Hi everybody!

Well against all odds I finally got blankie 4 done and have started on 5! If my joints will just cooperate, I'll get to my goal of 10 blankies for this project sooner rather than later!

I hope you're all enjoying your summer so far, if I owe you email please bear with me it's been crazy around here. I think I'm just about caught up.

Thanks to everyone too for their notes to me- I'm doing okay, don't worry about me! Still plugging away on my little blankies to the best of my abilities. . .

xoxo

Ro

I am sending off 5 blankets tomorrow.

On the left is a round ripple. Below that is a wave afghan. It is so pretty but the color didn't show very well, it is a light blue. On the right on the top are two homespun blankies and the bottom is a light/dark purple ripple.

IMG_3268.jpg

This is a pic of the light blue wave pattern blankie. I think it is such a pretty pattern.

IMG_3267.jpg

Pam, where do I find instructions for that wave pattern? It's gorgeous, especially the way you did it. Thanks.

Korina, relative newbie

Hi Korina. I found the pattern in Leisure arts Leaflet 555. ( 63 easy-to- make crochet pattern stiches combine to make an heirloom afghan, stitch #40 ) It's called the fan stitch and gives me fits everytime I work it!! LOL But it is beautiful IMO

Archived