Thank you everyone- goal for Uganda met, drive closed!

Ro

sorry I don't have pictures of blankets 1-8 I was in a time crunch when I was going to mail them out. These hopefully ship off to Family to Family this week and they are my last planned blankies for this for now- there are a couple other projects that are calling me as well so I have to try to divide up my contributions as best I can!

Picture+1675Picture+1673.jpg

Picture+1671.jpgPicture+1670.jpg

Picture+1669.jpgPicture+1668.jpg

Picture+1663.jpg

I hope the pictures load and aren't too big, if they're too big I apologize to the mods, I tried to shrink them!

hugs to all and thank you again to everyone who has contributed. Family to Family has still not given me a 'cut off date' so if you missed the chance and still want to send a blanket, PM me for the address. If I hear from them that they have ended the project at any time, I will post that information here.

again many thanks!

Ro

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to put this on the end of the thread as well- thank you to everyone who contributed each blanket is so precious and important. . . . special thanks to a couple of VERY special ladies (and you know who you are) who helped so much- you are truly blanket angels!

To everyone who contributed to this drive, you each have a special place in my heart, thank you, thank you. Family to Family now considers the Uganda drive closed.

Sorry I haven't been around much have been so busy and my health is up and down but I think of you all every day and miss you guys!

I'm on hold with charity projects at the moment (family members having babies- must. . .crochet. . .faster!) LOL but Family to Family is still interested in accepting blankets after this if anyone still wants to make them, they want to shift focus now on items for their Navajo Child Drive.

I'll post a link to the info soon as I can in another thread.

Love to you all, and thank you again, for everything.

Ro

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!!! I just saw that the Family to Family newsletter has a final update on the blanket drive!!! It took months for them to get to Africa (shipping is slow) but they are all there and have been distributed!

I hope this copy/paste works I'll check the thread soon. Moderators please forgive me if this exceeds the picture limit I will understand if you must delete it.

You can go to www.family-to-family.org and click the newsletter link- it's in the latest one.

I have never been prouder to be a member of this community than I have been seeing the outpouring of love for these babies.

May you all be dearly and richly blessed for the care that you put into every stitch. You're all my heroes.

I wish I could have made more than the fifteen blankets I ended up with for this project- but there truly are angels out there who made it possible for F2F to meet their goal (and then have some afterward to go to needy babies on a reservation here in the states, too!)

You are all a light in a world that can be so dark. Rock on!!! :manyheart

xoxo

Ro

p.s. I'm not sure who made the blankie in the picture below, but I am sure you'll recognize your work- treasure that picture it is proof that your love is being felt all the way across the globe! I have goosebumps just looking at it.

------------------------Excerpt from the Family to Family newsletter----

Snuggle Blankies Have Arrived!

After literally months since we shipped close to 100 crocheted blankies to Uganda (to be given out to orphaned and HIV/AIDS infected babies), Jerome tells us they have finally arrived. He writes,

“Thank you very much for the blankies. They are beautiful. I am sure the babies will be excited to have them. My Mum is so happy she can’t wait to give them to the kids. Please Pam thank the women who knit the blankies may the Lord reward them accordingly. I am sure they were knitted with love they are so beautiful. Well I did find also baby clothes I was so surprised they are brand new thank you. I also found an electric tooth brush. I wonder what lucky baby is going to get the toothbrush? Thank you very much may the almighty Lord reward your works. Yours, Jerome”

blanket3.jpgblanket4.jpgblanket2.jpg

blanket1.jpgA few days after writing this, Jerome emailed us pictures of a baby with one of the blankets and the new clothes, with her mother at their home. He writes, “The young lady is HIV positive and she lost her husband before she had the baby. Lucky enough the baby is negative. She has no job -- we have managed to give her food that can last for two weeks and also the baby we gave tinned milk.”

He also sent pictures of another woman his Family-to-Family program is helping – an elderly woman who takes care of her grandson.

Archived