Wool-Ease Shawl w/ Fun Fur

Trinket

A while back, a friend of mine had wanted me to make a poncho for her. She bought the yarn she'd wanted it done with, and gave me a pattern to use. However, it was one of the Lion Brand patterns, and I so rarely have any good fortune with them. They always either seem to have something missing, or something about the directions is just not right...

Ever since the moment I knew for sure the pattern wouldn't work out for me, I was on a neverending search for something else I could do that would use all the yarn she supplied AND come out sort of like she'd wanted originally.

I saw another user make a shawl like this, using this free pattern. Right away, I knew that was going to be the pattern to do it, and it worked out perfectly!

Here's my result:

rlshawl1.jpg

I wish I could have gotten a better photo than this. Truthfully, I'm going to be sad to see this one go, because it came out prettier than I had thought.

I used 3 balls of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky yarn in white with iridescent tinsel in it. For the trim, I used 2 balls of soft pink fun fur, two strands held together.

I hope she likes it! :D

Make another one for yourself. Thats what I did when I made one & it turned out so pretty.

I wish I could do it just like this one (except for some other trimming...), but I can't find that particular type of yarn at any of the stores nearby where I live. They DO have the Wool-Ease in the white with tinsel, but it's not chunky. Then again, it might make a nicer result if it wasn't so thick... Hmm... :scrachin

Couldn't get the link to work for me

Oh, goodness! You're right! ...I wonder why not? :think I can still tell you how you can get to it, though. Instead, go to the shawls section of Crochet Pattern Central, and then click on "Tasseled Wrap Around Shawl, 1970", and that's the pattern that I used. :)

Archived