Self-indulgence - SQUARES

amdm

Whenever I see an interesting square, I have to make it, (and in technicolour) but I certainly don't want to make dozens of the same design - that would be boring. Now I have quite a bunch - these are some of them - and absolutely no idea what to do with them. I could use another blanket, but these are such disparate colours, I can't see how they could be put together.

th_DSCN0261.jpg

(clickable)

i was going to suggest sending them to people requesting squares for comfortghans, but since you need a new blanket i think i would just make any new squares in whatever combos of these same colours. once you have enough to make a ghan i am sure it would be wonderful :)

Thanks so much for all your suggestions: joining them with a soft colour, making more with these same colours, making a matching border, these are all very good ideas. As for sending them to charity, I should love to, but our Postal Service is unreliable, and postage would far exceed the cost of the squares. I have to wait until some good friend who is going abroad agrees to post them for me, and takes the postage equivalent in my currency. (As I have done recently, with Krystal's daisy square.)

Here in India, blankets are not a popular charity item, the best I can do is donate it to a charitable raffle, but I don't think anyone will accept such a wildly colourful one.

With all the helpful suggestions I am getting, my self-indulgent squares may turn out to be quite useful, after all. I am so glad that so many of you liked them enough to take the time to think of ways of putting them to work.

I love those. I like the colors & agree with everyone who said to put them together. I like the flowered ones too. Where did you find the flower pattern? I'd like to try that too. Also I am starting to make up squares of all different colors so when someone wants squares I'll have a stash of all colors all ready made up. I just got started so I don't have too many yet, but it was an idea I had after the last comfortgahn was started. So I'm into squares too right now.:hook:yarn

I like the green square with the white flower & the yellow square with the pink & green flower, actually I think it's a pink flower with green around it. I really would appreciate getting those patterns. That would be so neat. :clap Thanks:hook

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I work 12 hour shifts, nights. I'm a hospice nurse so when I work it's work & sleep. I get to crochet but not get on the computer. I get here as much as possible though.

Archived