January Thaw Doily

DawnsRays

:lol I don't know who you're talking about!! :hyper I've looked at that pattern a few times before but now that I see it "in person" I have to have it. You did a beautiful job Dawn! (I was just at your blog drooling there, too!) :heart

Guest lillian1969

I am thinking about making one for myself.Is the amout of thread stated in the pattern pretty accurate?

Thanks everyone!:bow I really love:heart this design, too. The color is awesome (it looks a little washed out in the photo, if you can imagine).

I used a size 3 cotton from J&P Coats "Royale" in Teal. I had plenty of thread left to do an additional doily that was about an inch smaller... So, Lillian, I would think that the 70 yards required in size 10 would be plenty.

Also, in size 10 you'll get a 7 inch doily while in a size 3 you'll get an 11 inch doily.

Go for it Julie! :spina I want to see yours next....

~DAWN

Guest lillian1969

I am making one now.I am using the Knit -Cro sheen thread in gold and it is looking nice so far.My boyfriend wants me to make him some.:knit

I think I'll do this one (and something else) for my step-D who has a birthday at the end of this month. :)) She loved the snowflakes and said she throws tea parties for the ladies from her church all the time. What's a tea party without a few doilies?

Thank you, all:bow I appreciate it. I don't do doilies very often because they get tedious, but I always am glad in the end because they are also very satisfying.

:hi Julie: YOU'RE :welcome and I love they way yours turned out, too. Great Blue!! :w-flake

~ DAWN

• 3 weeks later...

Archived