MY Dear Hubby Felted His Slippers - On Accident!

funkyreporter

Gotta love the man! I made Hubby some slippers that were too big (which is normal - I always make slippers and hats too big.) He liked 'em anyway, and wears them even with the three inches of extra toe flopping around... and he even threw them in the washer with some jeans and stuff when they got dirty. I was folding the laundry and realized they had been felted!:cheer This is my first experience with felting and I am rather pleased with the result - and they fit him now too!

I'm so proud:manyheart of him! When I showed him the slippers he got this "look" on his face and said that when that used to happen with the stuff his mom made she'd be really ticked off, but I explained, "No, Honey, people do this on purpose now! You've done a good thing! I can tell my Crochetville friends about it!:devil "

:rofl poor guy thought he was in for an ear chewing, not a super impressed you're as craft as me hug from his wife!!

I couldn't read further then the fact he was doing his own laundry..... WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT MAN:D

I found him on the bleachers at my kids' Little League game six years ago! He's oldest of seven children in the family - he stays home while I do the "nine to five" thing - he's the "nurturer" - does all the cooking, shopping, running the kids and does some computer repair on the side! :D AND his mom was a seamstress, knitter, crocheter so IT'S ALL GOOD!:yay

I couldn't read further then the fact he was doing his own laundry..... WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT MAN:D

AMEN!!!! :rofl

Tell hubby good job, on both the felting and the laundry! :applause

I'm married to someone who not only does his own laundry but actually goes through the house looking for laundry that's not his own! He can't fold at all but his laundry skills are awesome.

I'm married to someone who not only does his own laundry but actually goes through the house looking for laundry that's not his own! He can't fold at all but his laundry skills are awesome.

I got a scolding:2nono from DH and DD for doing the laundry last weekend... seems I turned it pink... :ohdear again... They both said that I should, "stick to what I'm good at," (crafts, crochet, work, being the mom) and leave the laundry to them... well, if they insist...:bounce:dance

Archived