Doily on Drugs

Katchkan

While in the hospital this weekend ( Had a accident ) I of course turned to my crochet as an anchor to reality. So even though they were giving me powerful pain killers I still managed to crochet. It did make me feel better knowing that at least a part of my life was normal.

But crocheting while under of the influence of Morphine can make for some interesting results.

The first picture shows how the motif is meant to connect.

The second picture shows what I ended up with on the next one. Now this problem originates several rnds back from the actual connection. I never did catch what I had done until I got home and started coming out of my stupor. I have to frog back quite a ways to get this correct.

But I do not ever regret my mistake here. Just having the hook in my hand and doing something normal was the best therapy possible. It didn't need to be perfect to help.

I have already decided that I am going to name this doily Morpheous when I get it complete. It will always remind me of the value of my crochet.

th_MCorrectconection.jpgth_Mincorrectconection.jpg

I feel for you and hope your doing okay now! The pattern and thread are

lovely! As Carol said it's impressive you even able to crochet, but it sure

helps the time go by when your laying in the hospital, lol. Your doily will

be beautiful when done!

Wow, all sooo true. I did a spurt with my husband in the hospital. You know, sitting night and day. And crochet made it all bearable. I couldn't work on doilies though, to intricate and I couldn't see good. Just made some shawls. But it kept me happy and my mind calm. How lucky we are to have something like this for our therapy. I am anxious to see the piece when finished. The color is very pretty. Take care of yourself.

Knitting? Some people just don't get it, do they?

The title of this thread made me chuckle. :lol That fact that you could still crochet while on morphine made me glad to know that the craft stays with us, even when drugged up. :hook

Thanks everyone. I did finally finish the doilly. Actually started over and kept that piece as a remembrance.I did frog it back to my mistake though. It's now doing duty as a coaster. But it's a good reminder of how much of an anchor crochet is in my life. You can see the final doily here

Archived