It's so exciting...........

my 13 yr old has learned to crochet and just loves it!:cheer she already knew how to knit, but now she loves crocheting even more! She learned how to make the granny square already and is making a baby afghan for one of the nephews she's getting this spring!

It's such a great feeling to pass this art on to the next generation. And she's a natural--she also hates to take stitches apart to do over!:D ...............Lise

:cheer I know how exciting it is to pass on crochet. I taught my ten year old to crochet when she was eight and she recently picked up knitting. She just finished a pillow in the round and is excited.

:jumpyay Congrats to your daughter!!!! :jumpyay

I actually held an afterschool class fro my second grade students last year. I had 19!! join, boys and girls. They are absulutely fascinated by the fact that I crochet - that is why I am making scarves for all 46 of them (Ilooped from 2cd to 3rd grade with them this year) Some of them are still crocheting, some gave up and some have asked if I am going to do it again this year. It was called Crochet on Maondays in May. I told them I will probably hold it again. I have no children of my own to pass this on to, maybe my niece when she gets older (she is five). But my grandmother taught me and I love passing it on........ TammyG

my 13 yr old has learned to crochet and just loves it!:cheer she already knew how to knit, but now she loves crocheting even more! She learned how to make the granny square already and is making a baby afghan for one of the nephews she's getting this spring!

It's such a great feeling to pass this art on to the next generation. And she's a natural--she also hates to take stitches apart to do over!:D ...............Lise

That's so wonderful that she knows how to knit and crochet! I'm a firm believer in that if a teen has something like this to do for a hobby, there's far less of a chance that they will find other "things" to do - things that they shouldn't be doing.

I have a dear friend who has a 9 year old granddaughter who has asked me to teach her how to crochet. I was so excited when she asked, she's a smart girl and I couldn't wait to start! I got her some yarn and a hook and we sat down and I proceeded to show her how to make the chain to start off with. I couldn't figure out why this exceptionally bright child couldn't seem to grasp what I was telling her. After about 20 minutes of me feeling completely flustered she looked at me and said, "I'm left-handed. Does that matter?" :eek NOW what do I do? :shrug She REALLY wants to learn, but I have no idea how to go about teaching a leftie! :scrachin

Elle

Archived