Do YOU have a hook stealer?

I do!:hook My DD of 22mnts nicks off with them and tosses them into her toybox. If she can't get her hands on the case of them, she steals the one you are working with, i am sure that there must be a fortune in hooks hiding around the house, i have to keep replacing them, I swear I have bought at least 4x4mm and 3x3.5 and 4x3, but I have in my case 2 4's no 3.5's and 1 4. I find them sometimes and think how many of these do i have now, and just laugh.

Yep!! My 2 yr old DD loves crochet hooks!! I finally got tired of her trying to yank the hooks out of my hands while I was crocheting and just gave her a few hooks of her own...she's got 5 now!! L, 2 M's, N, and P...all plastic...and she loves them!! She's not happy unless she's got at least one in hand at all times...the first thing she grabs every morning and right after naptime is a hook....the other day I was using MY P hook and she tried to take it from me...she got made cause she thought I was using her hook....didn't chill out about it til I handed her her P hook and showed her I wasn't using it LOL!!!

Jessie

My DD is a major hook stealer. Yesterday we went to Hobby Lobby where they have 50% off all crochet hooks this week and bought her a pastel set. That way hers are totally different from mine. Also found a cute plastic pencil case to keep them in. I notice she marked the end with permanent marker...as if I might be after them. What a turkey!

Only when they fall in the recliner, the bottom of the crochet bag or when I leave them with a WIP. Keep telling hubby that is why I have so many hooks....so I can find one when I need it of the right size. :blush

Works for me :yay

my sofa (recliner on the ends) steals my favorite hooks, knitting needles, tapestry needles, my keys, my cell phone and of course loose change.:lol But I don't have any living hook stealers. My 8 year old sometime looks at my hooks especially if I get a new one, lol but she always returns them. So I guess she is a hook borrower not a stealer.:D

im a hook stealer :hook

half of my hooks belong to my grandmom lol

i borrowed her favorite K hook to make my friends baby blanket, she was ok with it because she wasent useing it but she said i better return it (i did)

my dog doesnt care about my hooks but she will lay on my skeins of yarn (she usually lays her head on it like a pillow, so cute)

I work in a treatment center for teens....they "borrow" my hooks all the time! LOL

Do they crochet :think ? If not teach them. It's good for teens to have somthing to pass the time. All of you could make squares for an afghan to give to charity. Doing a project together might just be what they need. Whatever kind of treatment they're in for, helping others might make them relize they aren't worthless. Good luck. :cheer

Ellie 13

LOL what a funny thread! Kids are so possessive of their things sometimes. I have a 2 yo hook stealer also, I don't mind if he plays with them because he's right there and can't hurt himself, and he bangs them together to keep himself occupied.

Well a bunch of them were missing when I needed a g hook the other day, and after looking everywhere lo and behold :eek I saw something shiny in the ventilator grate. All six of them, shoved down the ventilator. We had to unscrew it and my husband fished them out, laughing the whole time.

Archived