Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Hi all,

Congratulations Cheeria on winning the V squares and the afghan book! Can't wait to see it all put together- it's going to be one neat looking ghan!

Judy- How did the blueberry muffins come out- and more importantly tell us about little Dylan!!!

Julie- You are one of the most creative people I ever met! Your brain comes up with all these neat, fun things to do. I have to finish my granny ghan before I can start on the ripple- I don't do well with 2 big projects at a time and my limited crocheting time! How did it go at the immunologist?

Marlene- congrats on posting the pics!! Doesn't it feel great when you figure something out? Like the colorway on your squares!!! Good luck with DH's appointment- hope they can figure it out!

Cindy- Glad to hear you had fun camping!!! I'll bet your grandsons loved it too!

Diane- That show with your former co-worker sounds interesting. I just don't get the point of not wearing shoes for 20 years- but to each his own!:)

Linda- Hope you had a fun long arm quilting today! It's been so nice of you sharing your vacation highlights with us! And Ayden sounds like a great kid- Good job Joy!!!

Tammy- How's your neck feeling today?

Marisa- I guess Philadelphia was not a very happy town today- but I must say the Flyers sure made a fun playoffs- they played some gritty hockey!!!!

LeAnna- Are you still cleaning today? You have really been on a roll!!

Sheila- Hope you had a good day- did you hear anything from Kmart?

Well, off to finish dinner!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Housemates, I want to say thank you to everyone on the congrats, it really made my day and my husband was happy for me. I had a wonderful ME day today which I really needed. I shop until I drop (Not literally) :lol:lol and I also made a run to the Lys (Ac Moore) for some yarn for my ripple along.

Judy - Count me in for the Ripple Along it sounds like fun.

I will be using RH in Aruba Sun, Honeydew, White and maybe a varigrated that I have call Peruvian Print. I do have a digital camera so I want to also learn how to load pictures into the computer so the group can see. I have been using the camera on my phone for the pictures that I have post in the past. At the moment I'm working a crochet market bag and I still have to get my grandbaby's knitted blanket off the needles. I will count how many stitches I have left on the needle to see how many more rows I have left to knit. I'm thankful it's not cold where he will need it. I also think the blanket is a little to big for him at the moment for he's a cute little teddy bear. ;) I'm also working on a belt that I'm weaving I just picked up D-rings for the buckle part of the belt.

Joann - congrats on the tote and chopstick hook, WOW a hook made from a chopstick - how neat is that

Linda - I am so happy to hear that you are having a great time, and your so right about the ice and snow with a total knee replacement for with my replacement I fell on the ice, I'm thankful my daughter was there to help me up and the next day I had to go for x-ray to make sure the knee was okay. Now I don't go out if it's icy.

Cindy - that is great that you had an enjoyable time camping, I would love to go camping. I wonder how it feels to sleep under the stars.

Diane - Dual Survival sounds like an excellent show, I enjoyed watching the clip, but WOW with no shoes in the freezing cold. I'm going to tell my husband about the show he like watching that type of show.

To the rest of the house have a great evening, I'm going to fix the dinner plates now. We are having roasted chicken, macaroni salad and a nice toss salad and my famous kool aide. Yes I love making kool aide. I'll try to be back later. :hug:hug

and I also made a run to the Lys (Ac Moore) for some yarn for my ripple along.

Joann - congrats on the tote and chopstick hook, WOW a hook made from a chopstick - how neat is that

I bet you go to the same AC Moore that I do-:lol (is it the one at Mid-state Mall?) And the hook is neat- It seems to be about a K- I'll be trying it out soon!

Diane, those survivor shows are something else....Phil will occasionally watch them, so I'll mention it to him.

Joanne, The muffins were moist and good (I HAD to try one before I brought her a few:lol) and Dylan is the most perfect looking baby! Nice hair, a tiny nose and sweet lips. He lay on his back, sleeping with both hands almost completely behind his head at his neck...we showed his mom, and SHE showed us a 3D sonogram from 17 weeks in utero...and he was doing the SAME THING!!!!

Anywho - Yankees are on...so I have to go. I'll be working on the last couple of rows on my RR while watching them.

'nite:hug:manyheart

Everything is cleaned up from camping, the little boys have gone home and dh and I have finished dinner and cleaned up. I'm going to sit the rest of the night. I understand why "old" people don't have babies. I'm beat!

Cheeria, we don't exactly rough it when we go camping. We have a camper with a kitchen, (including oven, refrigerator and microwave), and a bathroom.

I did not do any crocheting while we were gone, although I took a project along with me. I just didn't feel like it. Instead I read two books over the past two days.

Julie, wondering how the immunologist visit went??

Hi all,

Congratulations Cheeria on winning the V squares and the afghan book! Can't wait to see it all put together- it's going to be one neat looking ghan!

Judy- How did the blueberry muffins come out- and more importantly tell us about little Dylan!!!

Julie- You are one of the most creative people I ever met! Your brain comes up with all these neat, fun things to do. I have to finish my granny ghan before I can start on the ripple- I don't do well with 2 big projects at a time and my limited crocheting time! How did it go at the immunologist?

Marlene- congrats on posting the pics!! Doesn't it feel great when you figure something out? Like the colorway on your squares!!! Good luck with DH's appointment- hope they can figure it out!

Cindy- Glad to hear you had fun camping!!! I'll bet your grandsons loved it too!

Diane- That show with your former co-worker sounds interesting. I just don't get the point of not wearing shoes for 20 years- but to each his own!:)

Linda- Hope you had a fun long arm quilting today! It's been so nice of you sharing your vacation highlights with us! And Ayden sounds like a great kid- Good job Joy!!!

Marisa- I guess Philadelphia was not a very happy town today- but I must say the Flyers sure made a fun playoffs- they played some gritty hockey!!!!

No real cleaning today, but did put some books away and a couple of old book cases were painted today and I measured the kitchen and dining room windows to make some curtain panels later. Electrician was out today to some work. Wired a chandelier and install a dimmer switch, installed an interior switch to an exterior flood light, installed a light above the upper exterior door, rewired a bunch of lamps and fixed another flood lamp, but I think we have to call him on that one again because it doesn't seem to work again....

Been kind of a low key day...but in a couple of hours I'll be making dinner for my neighbors. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers, the husband is fighting leukemia and starts another round of chemo tomorrow before getting a bone marrow transplant.

I bet you go to the same AC Moore that I do-:lol (is it the one at Mid-state Mall?) And the hook is neat- It seems to be about a K- I'll be trying it out soon!

How did you know. I bet our paths have crossed. When I'm in AC Moore everyone know me and I probably talked to you too. :lol:lol

Here is an easy ripple pattern that has worked out nicely for me.

http://www.handcraftingwithlove.net/yarn/pat-ripple.html

It is called Easy Ripple Afghan because it is so easy. :lol:lol:lol

It calls for a G hook but I just use the hook size that is on the ball band.

I thought I could find the ripple that I was working on and add the colors I brought today to it, but I don't know where I hide it when I was spring cleaning. Oh well I guess I'll just start over. :think

Nite everyone, it's PJ time and then to get some knitting on the baby's blanket done. Talk to you all tomorrow. :hug

Hii gang

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The Dr appt ran long, then he sent me for bloodwork,so had to wait to get that done ,then go grab something for lunch,then I got company,then sam got home,then I made supper,so it's been a nonstop day .

As for the new Dr- I like him a lot. He knocked on my door,then peeked around the corner . As soon as I saw him, I said :

OH MY GOSH !!!! LOOK HOW CUTE YOU ARE !!!!

After he got over the deer-in-the-headlight expression, he was very funny and kind. I like him a lot .

He ran 78 skin-allergy tests and then bloodwork. He also did 3 breathing tests on me , they let me watch a video about people with allergies or immune disorders,which was kinda boring, but it's not exactly a thrilling topic,so they couldnt jazz it up too much .

He also found that I have a spine condition,that he says makes my back actually lean forwards onto my lungs, which is compressing them and making breathing difficult. He also said the other Dr had me on too much medicine, so he dropped a couple of them .

He said my vitamin D is non-existant. I have none, which leads to the spine problem,and also effects my breathing quality .

I am to sit out for at least 10 minutes a day to get sunlight, then take a short walk. He also said to do 2 different breathing exercises to make my lungs more healthy and workable.

And he says my asthma is mainly anxiety related .

SO .. he is sure taking a different pathway than the other dude did. I am frankly kinda mixed up.They are both going in such opposite directions .

Sam said to do exactly as this guy says to see if it helps,so I guess I'll give it a shot .

Anyhow, sorry I wasn't able to check in more.

Cheeria- I'm glad you are so excited about winning the V's-- I am excited to see how they look put together. I mailed mine and the book out today .

Well guys, I am beat,sorry I am so tired, I won't have the power to respond tonite,but will be on early in the morning to start a new day . :)

I just checked the mail and my red, white and blue card from LeAnna was in it. It had a picture of Serenghetti in front of a flag on it. Serenghetti is such a cute cat!

Thanks LeAnna!

You are so welcome...and she is a cutie cat...a pain sometimes, but I love her madly...I'm glad you like the card (and I found my flags and they are hung up and we are ready for the World Cup!)

Hii gang

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The Dr appt ran long, then he sent me for bloodwork,so had to wait to get that done ,then go grab something for lunch,then I got company,then sam got home,then I made supper,so it's been a nonstop day .

As for the new Dr- I like him a lot. He knocked on my door,then peeked around the corner . As soon as I saw him, I said :

OH MY GOSH !!!! LOOK HOW CUTE YOU ARE !!!!

After he got over the deer-in-the-headlight expression, he was very funny and kind. I like him a lot .

He ran 78 skin-allergy tests and then bloodwork. He also did 3 breathing tests on me , they let me watch a video about people with allergies or immune disorders,which was kinda boring, but it's not exactly a thrilling topic,so they couldnt jazz it up too much .

He also found that I have a spine condition,that he says makes my back actually lean forwards onto my lungs, which is compressing them and making breathing difficult. He also said the other Dr had me on too much medicine, so he dropped a couple of them .

He said my vitamin D is non-existant. I have none, which leads to the spine problem,and also effects my breathing quality .

I am to sit out for at least 10 minutes a day to get sunlight, then take a short walk. He also said to do 2 different breathing exercises to make my lungs more healthy and workable.

SO .. he is sure taking a different pathway than the other dude did. I am frankly kinda mixed up.They are both going in such opposite directions .

Sam said to do exactly as this guy says to see if it helps,so I guess I'll give it a shot .

Anyhow, sorry I wasn't able to check in more.

Cheeria- I'm glad you are so excited about winning the V's-- I am excited to see how they look put together. I mailed mine and the book out today .

Well guys, I am beat,sorry I am so tired, I won't have the power to respond tonite,but will be on early in the morning to start a new day . :)

You are so funny...(about what you said to the doctor...)

Good evening house....

So I left early to stop by the post office and got out Julie's card for this week (I meant to do it yesterday, but forgot the stamp :think ) and the v squares. I left time to run to ups to pick up my mail that I didn't know about and they didn't open until 5pm!!!! Crazy, right? :eek So, I had to go past after work again and it turned out to be a deck of eagles playing cards that I won from the PA lottery!!! :clap:yay

Sherri - wow, an hour on the treadmill with another 45 minutes in sight!! :eek WTG

Joy - Enjoy your time with your mom! :yes I'm the same way, I love having my mom around too.

Judy - :drool blueberry muffins Yummy!!!!!!

Cheeria - :yay again!!! I put your squares in the mail this morning since I was stopping the post office anyway. Let me know when you get them (I didn't ask for any delivery confirmation, I just figured you'd take care of that :lol )

Diane - I like your squares and their earthy tones :D I think I will set the DVR for the survival show...it looks really interesting, but I won't be able to sit and watch it tomorrow.

Linda - That whole quilt language is jibberish to me :eek so have fun with the long arm thingy ;) I'm sure you will enjoy it!!!

Cindy - Glad you had fun camping :clap I've gone just once or twice in a camper like that, but I don't think I've ever really, truely camped. Hope you had a relaxing evening reading :yes

Leanna - You are just like the energizer bunny over there :eek Keep up the good work :cheer And, I will keep your neighbor in my prayers!! :yes:hug

Joanne - Work was so busy today, I don't think I even spoke about last nights game :no But, then again there's nothing to speak about....for the Flyers anyway :lol But yes, they are brutal.

Julie -

I am soo glad you like this new dr. And I like that he has different ideas too!!!! :clap

I totally agree with Sam, do as this guy says to the T!!! You've tried the other guy's way for quite a while now and it's only dug your hole deeper. Kept giving you more and more meds, which may be part of the problem....did you ever read the side effects on medications?! Best way to start is to rule things out to narrow down the possibilities :D

Maybe this is the guy for you ;) But yes, do as he says and see where it takes you....and no slacking!!!! Be sure to get outside and do your exercises!!! :hug :hug :hug

Oooo and is he young? looking for me by any chance? ;):rofl

Hi all,

You know.. my neck is feeling a bit better right now.. but it does tend to losen up throughout the day... but darn it if it doesnt hurt like the dickens first thing in the morning. Thanks for asking sweetie!!!

:heart

:mug

Lissa~I love seeing all the photos and your NICU blanket is very pretty. It looks cuddly and soft. I am sure they appreciate all your good work.

Thank you dear <3 It makes me feel better to know I'm helping others

Hii gang

Sounds like a GREAT doctor in my opinion.... well except for the asthma being mainly anxiety related that worried me a bit. Raeden was diagnosed with asthma at 4 months old, and I was diagnosed 1 year ago after 15 years of symptoms and breathing squares.

Cheeria - I'm going to try and get your square in the mail tomorrow but it might be Monday. We've discovered a huge MIX UP with my bank account and now owe about $220 to someone. UUUUUUGH :(

Linda ~ I sent out a letter to you in your next card today. I'm a bit behind I buying them because I'm picky :lol

I have a job interview on Monday which is also my angel baby's birthday. I'm hoping this is a good omen and I'm going to get this job. It's a Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evening job. No more then 8 hours a week. And $8 an hour. So I think it will be perfect for me. A way to earn money but not be busy all the time and away from my kids.

R got another stripe in TKD today!! She's doing so good!

Me and my eldest girl are watching Nim's Island. This is one of the single most adorable stories ever. I'm also working on a little project for my brother's birthday right now :)

:manyheart:hook:crocheting

Lissa - I love Nim's Island....it is such a cute movie, my parents had it on one day and it just kinda grabs and pulls you in right at the start :D

:yay for R's stripe....she is just moving right along!!!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for this job to work out for you :hug:manyheart:hug

Quick stop in the house before heading to bed!

Julie- I totally agree with Sam, Marisa and Cindy- :yes This Dr sounds like he might be on to something and you should follow what he says to a "T"! How great it will be if he is actually on the right track!!!

Lissa- Good luck with the job opportunity- it sounds like it will be perfect and hopefully having the interview on your angel babies birthday will bring you good luck! Congrats to R on her new stripe!!!

Cindy- Have a good day at work- hope it is just busy enough for the day to fly by!

Marisa - Hey, maybe you should take a trip out to Ohio to meet Julie's new doctor?:lol:lol

To everyone- sweet dreams- and when you wake up - you'll see a message from me saying TGIF!!!!:lol

Lissa - I love Nim's Island....it is such a cute movie, my parents had it on one day and it just kinda grabs and pulls you in right at the start :D

:yay for R's stripe....she is just moving right along!!!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for this job to work out for you :hug:manyheart:hug

Thank you Dear!! Nim's Island is a WONDERFUL movie. It does pull you in. No matter how many times I've seen it I always find something new about it to love. Nim reminds me a little of Pippy Longstocking also :manyheart

Lissa- Good luck with the job opportunity- it sounds like it will be perfect and hopefully having the interview on your angel babies birthday will bring you good luck! Congrats to R on her new stripe!!!

To everyone- sweet dreams- and when you wake up - you'll see a message from me saying TGIF!!!!:lol

Thank you hun!! I will keep you all updated!! And sleep tight huni!!! Have a good rest! :hug

Julie -

I am soo glad you like this new dr. And I like that he has different ideas too!!!! :clap

I totally agree with Sam, do as this guy says to the T!!! You've tried the other guy's way for quite a while now and it's only dug your hole deeper. Kept giving you more and more meds, which may be part of the problem....did you ever read the side effects on medications?! Best way to start is to rule things out to narrow down the possibilities :D

Maybe this is the guy for you ;) But yes, do as he says and see where it takes you....and no slacking!!!! Be sure to get outside and do your exercises!!! :hug :hug :hug

Julie, I totally agree with this. That's kinda what happened to me last year. I was on meds to counteract the side effects of other meds. It gradually built up, I guess like a toxic cocktail. It lowered my resistance and then I developed infections in my legs. When I was admitted to the hospital they kept saying "Why are you taking this" for every one of my meds, blood thinner, high blood pressure, diuretics, pills to lower high cholesteral, pills to raise my good cholesteral, thyroid and on and on and on. They took me off of everything except the thyroid and said they would reintroduce meds as needed. Happy to say now all I take is the thyroid pill and half a lipitor. I was in the hospital for 2 months and came home in a wheelchair, used a walker, etc. Doing much better now, just walk a little slow. At least give it a shot with this new guy. I so hope this works out for you. :hug:hug:hug

Evening Ladies!!!

Feeling much netter now with the new meds...

Julie...my Doc has me doing about the same thing...in the sun for at least 15 min,,,then a walk around the block in the afternoon plus 1 vitamin D3 a day at dinner...he says that most of my problems are stress to and that i need to do more then sit on my rear dwelling on it.He also put me on Ativin 3 times a day...it been 5 days now and i feel so much better then i did a week ago...hope it works for you too.Its so scary being sick all the time and never sure what is wrong :hug

Sign me up for the ripple gang to....i need to restart my red,cream and pinks one...when i was on the other meds i messed it up big time,looks like i was making a teepee :lol...will start on it tomorrow while i sit outside.

Tammy...im so sorry i haven't checked in with you...i hope you are ok and that your neck feels better...i will try to do better :hug

Hope everyone else is doing ok!!

Good morning folks !

You know what today is don't you ?

Photo Friday and also day one of the Ripple Gang,so time to get on the stick and get busy ,so we get these things wrapped up .

Thanks for all your words of encouragement .I appreciate it very much !

We'll see how things go with the new Doc. I DO know he is handsome ,so that helps . Something nice to look at even if I don't feel good .

Marisa- I asked the desk lady if he was married .She said yes . I said well, he wasn't wearing his ring . She just said No Comment ,so not sure what all that was about ,but he is definitely CUTE !! Send me your picture and I'll take it in next time to see of he wants a mystery date ! ( IF he's on the outs with his wife ) .

I guess I'm pretty old fashioned and believe if your body has a broken part, take a pill to make it better. We shall see if his system works.

He definitely hit it dead on target about my asthma being anxiety related. for those of you who havent known me long, you don't know about my life. Those who do, you know I am stressed to the max with my family ,so it makes sense to me about the anxiety . My own Dr says stress is slowly killing me, and I do believe it .

Anyhow, on to other things. I am trying hard not to dwell on those things any longer.

Things I can't FIX don't need to take up my time .

SHAY --- It is GREAT to see you back. I am glad your new meds are helping. I kept wondering if you were ok and where you were,so it's sure good to see you again,and dig out your ripple ! We'd love to have you along with us .

Ok gang, got things to get done,but will check in throughout the day . Maybe I'll even have a couple photos to posts today .

Archived